• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Note for Trey Lance fans...

Mr. Scot

Just now, stirs said:

Have no issue with the LT part, totally makes sense.

Title was about Trey Lance and he asked me about the misdirection comment.

I would love to get the LT, we'd probably have to take him at the top of the second, he'd never last to the third

So you're suggesting that we may possibly be going to buttfug ND to scout a borderline top 5 LT prospect and just utterly ignore the definite top 5 QB prospect? C'mon man...

• Flames 1

It also makes the most sense to go and see guys like Lance and Radunz in person because they only played one game in 2020 and they don't have as much tape available as some of the other prospects(although I think Radunz was a two year starter prior to 2020). Also, Radunz was at the Senior Bowl so I would imagine the interest might naturally be higher for a guy they are already familiar with. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Would you spend a top ten pick on a guy who's "somewhere in the middle"?

Not to start another "should have lost the Washington game" conversation but we're really not in a great spot right now.

Perhaps. He's not someone you take and think he'll be lights out year one; you take him with the expectation of developing him to reach that tremendous upside which will take a couple of years. His traits and (perhaps underappreciated) football IQ are top-notch! He was calling plays and reading defenses in the first season that he played! If that's not a golden feather in his cap, I don't know what is.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Would you spend a top ten pick on a guy who's "somewhere in the middle"?

Not to start another "should have lost the Washington game" conversation but we're really not in a great spot right now.

In the middle as it has potential, but still some minor concerns. I’m assuming Lance or Fields will make it until 8. Wishing we had lost games last year is pointless and nonsense. If we love a guy we will trade up for him if needed. Aside from Lawrence, I see concerns with every QB in this draft. If we can’t get Watson, I’m for sitting back and seeing who falls to us. If no one does get a LT or trade down.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stirs said:

If you wanted the league, and at least the fans, to think you were interested in a player, what would you do?

Maybe send the GM and HC to a public event?  Nice way to have teams and fans think they know what you are up to.

At the end of the day, we could very well be interested and take the guy at 8, but again, we might be there as a diversion?  Not certain.  If he were the slam dunk pick we wanted, would we not be having Brady there?  After all, the questions in Treys game are the short passes, the closing window passes, etc, which are a huge part of Brady's offense.

Could be wrong, but I see it as a show.

I don't think Brady has any say on the final roster at this point, especially with talk of him taking a head coaching job in the near future. The decision makers will be in attendance. If they like Lance enough to go get him they will.