• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

46 minutes ago, Icege said:

Looked incredibly smooth, comfortable, and in control. Love the intelligence of putting throws in there that QB-needy teams frequent in their playbooks.

I've been getting higher and higher on Lance, and after his pro day I'm completely okay with waiting for him to slide to #8. 

For those that have been worried that the top 4 QBs will be off of the board by #8: that has never happened before in the history of the modern draft. The closest it has come to that was in 1999 when the first 3 selections were QBs (Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akali Smith) before the next two QBs went at #11 & #12 (Dante Culpepper & Cade McNown). 2011 was also close when Cam went at #1, Locker #8, Gabbert #10, and Ponder at #12 (Dalton & Kaepernick went back-to-back early in the 2nd round). 

He should be throwing against an invisible defense in under armor and shorts.

41 minutes ago, Varking said:

Please don’t try and put words in my mouth. I don’t think he is dumb. On the athletes part he plays on a team that has more success over the last few years in its conference than Alabama has. His school fields the best athletes for D2. 

You're the one that said when he doesn't know what to do he takes off. That's not exactly what's going on and implies that Lance did not have a mastery of his offense or the defensice opposition at worst, or was impatient at best at the slightest hint of the play breaking down. Moreover, he was supposed to run on many plays. That was in direct response to my saying that he knows how to process and react quickly, so much so that some analysts have given him an edge over Fields including Jeremiah who was a commentator today.

Furthermore, I didn't try to put words in your mouth, that's why I used the word "seem", to give you space to clarify yourself and your decidedly negative slant against Lance in general.

Edited by top dawg

He had very few misses and none of them were bad misses...either off the WRs fingertips or just barley out of reach.  He looked very solid.  While he's 'moving up the ladder' for some of you, Trey simply reinforced what I have thought of the the kid for over a year now.

So welcome to the Trey Lance wagon!

Edited by 45catfan

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He had very few misses and none of them were bad misses...either off the WRs fingertips or just barley out of reach.  He looked very solid.  While he's 'moving up the ladder' for some of you, Trey simply reinforced what I have thought of the the kid for over a year now.

He will almost certainly bust.  Can you go into an impossible job and succeed?  

Edited by Shocker

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're the one that said when he doesn't know what to do he takes off. That's not exactly what's going on and implies that Lance did not have a mastery of his offense or the defensice opposition at worst, or was impatient at best at the slightest hint of the play breaking down. Moreover, he was supposed to run on many plays. That was in direct response to my saying that he knows how to process and react quickly, so much so that some analysts have given him an edge over Fields including Jeremiah who was a commentator today.

Furthermore, I didn't try to put words in your mouth, that's why I used the word "seem", to give you space to clarify yourself and your decidedly negative slant against Lance in general.

I’m not negative on Lance just like I wasn’t negative on Wilson. Not you, but this place in general labels people in absolutes just because you lean one way. Lance is my 4th QB. I’d completely understand why Carolina would draft him. But if I point out things that concern me, im a Lance hater. When I questioned Teddy even while we were winning, I was a Teddy hater. 

I try to be objective as much as possible. When others were pumping up Trask who plays for my favorite college team I was the one saying pump the breaks. I love watching QBs. 

If im negative towards any QBs in this class it’s been Mond and Jones. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I won't mind Lance gotta take a chance. But missing when there is no defense and your in shorts aren't good.

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m not negative on Lance just like I wasn’t negative on Wilson. Not you, but this place in general labels people in absolutes just because you lean one way. Lance is my 4th QB. I’d completely understand why Carolina would draft him. But if I point out things that concern me, im a Lance hater. When I questioned Teddy even while we were winning, I was a Teddy hater. 

I try to be objective as much as possible. When others were pumping up Trask who plays for my favorite college team I was the one saying pump the breaks. I love watching QBs. 

Surprising I agree with you whole heartedly. I always try to remain optimistic during a season, seeing as we didn't have a better option.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

I know I'm getting older and all, but didy ou not come out and say many weeks ago now that you didn't want Lance?  

That's not too objective, particularly in light of the fact that I know I and others have pointed out that things like pro days hadn't even happened yet.

Edited by top dawg