• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Also deshaun will be a big time sell for FA’s to actually WANT to come here.

Lol, yeah it sure helped the Texans.  Even if remotely true in this fantasyland you live in, with what money are you going to pay all these big time FA's with?  Nevermind, I know the answer to that.  With the Saint's credit plan I'm sure.  It has worked so well for them.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Lol, yeah it sure helped the Texans.  Even if remotely true in this fantasyland you live in, with what money are you going to pay all these big time FA's with?  Nevermind, I know the answer to that.  With the Saint's credit plan I'm sure.  It has worked so well for them.

With the cap room they have next year, Google it

• Poo 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Prolly if Curtis is gone. 

if we land Watson I want us to really focus on quality lineman both in the draft and FA. The cap explodes next year. We’re gonna have some space to make some moves, even with deshauns cap hit. Gotta protect this investment. Watson is so good that he can work with an average line, but I want to have an elite line for him. 

I’m going to assume we won’t have enough ammo left in the tank to get them to include Tunsil after we’ve given them everything for Watson but damn, it would solve our then next biggest problem 

This actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They hired Rhule to build a program from the ground up. He is a team builder. Mortgaging the future on one guy just doesn't seem to fit that narrative at all. I get DeShaun is close to a top 5 QB if not already but look at the year he just had. Pretty damn good year and it still wasn't enough for Houston to make the playoffs. The Panthers just went 5-11. They aren't anywhere close to being "one player away" from being a SB contender. Adding DeShaun while neutering Rhule and his "program rebuild skills" by trading away 4-5 1st rounders + more doesn't seem like the best recipe for success.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

With the cap room they have next year, Google it

It appears you are going to get your wish regardless.  I don't want to hear you guys in hear crying because Watson has no help and the team is still last in the NFCS.  I'm going to laugh my ass off.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Next year is perfect for a DJ moore and Moton extension if he isn't done before then

Those need to be done for sure. I thought I read we’d be something crazy like 100 million in cap space. I realize that’s gonna get ate up by some of our own players who need to be resigned. I think we need to look at guards in rounds 3/4. We can find some good ones there. Maybe make one splash lineman signing next offseason. Preferably a tackle or center. If we keep our 2nd this year definitely go tackle if a good one is there. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Just go ahead and quit being a fan already lol

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m going to assume we won’t have enough ammo left in the tank to get them to include Tunsil after we’ve given them everything for Watson but damn, it would solve our then next biggest problem 

Yeah no way that will happen. I’m hoping we keep our 2nd this year and can snag a talented tackle this year. We’ll see.

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

This actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They hired Rhule to build a program from the ground up. He is a team builder. Mortgaging the future on one guy just doesn't seem to fit that narrative at all. I get DeShaun is close to a top 5 QB if not already but look at the year he just had. Pretty damn good year and it still wasn't enough for Houston to make the playoffs. The Panthers just went 5-11. Adding DeShaun while neutering Rhule and his "program rebuild skills" by trading away 4-5 1st rounders + more doesn't seem like the best recipe for success.

getting a 25 year old franchise qb is literally team building. thats building the future, that's not mortgaging the future.

• Pie 8

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

getting a 25 year old franchise qb is literally team building. that building the future, that's not mortgaging the future.

Trading 4-5 first round talents + more (probably would equate to 6 or 7 first rounder when all is said and done) IS mortgaging the future for ONE player. Look at the season DeShaun just had and it still wasn't enough for them to make the playoffs. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

getting a 25 year old franchise qb is literally team building. thats building the future, that's not mortgaging the future.

people are acting like he'll be gone in the next 2-3 years, lol.  If we play this right he's our QB for the next decade... 

Last year we were a QB away from being in the playoffs.  Imagine another year with Rhule, a superstar QB, some FAs... Maybe next year isn't it, but Watson is an enormous upgrade, and as long as Rhule is the coach some of us think he is, we're going to be competitive for the next 5-10 years.

• Pie 3