• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson to Carolina?

HardcoreHokie

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Three firsts, a third and two players.

The available players they were willing to offer reportedly included Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks.

Is this official, or just rumored? Sorry, I didn't really read much on that potential deal.

Those (3) 1st would presumably all be late picks starting with 20 this year. Pick 8 is worth more than pick 20, 2022 1st, and that 3rd rounder. I would say picks 8 and 40 are worth more than all those picks combined.

Khalil Mack is a great player, but in my opinion is a negative in that trade. His cap hit goes to $30 million next year (2022), and then has 3 years left on the contract through 2024.  

Hicks will be a FA next offseason, and will also command a large contract. 

This is not me making a case for Russell, because I am certainly not. Just trying to see if the Bears offered the value that people keep saying.

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Is this official, or just rumored? Sorry, I didn't really read much on that potential deal.

Those (3) 1st would presumably all be late picks starting with 20 this year. Pick 8 is worth more than pick 20, 2022 1st, and that 3rd rounder. I would say picks 8 and 40 are worth more than all those picks combined.

Khalil Mack is a great player, but in my opinion is a negative in that trade. His cap hit goes to $30 million next year (2022), and then has 3 years left on the contract through 2024.  

This is not me making a case for Russell, because I am certainly not. Just trying to see if the Bears offered the value that people keep saying.

Officially reported from a couple of different sources.

If I recall correctly, the source that had the names of specific players was Albert Breer.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

The Watson/Wilson rumors have actually talked me into being the most comfortable with a slight trade up for Lance or Fields whether it's to #3 or #5. 

I'd prefer we have a deal with MIA set up going into the draft and get ourselves Lance for less without losing any players, 6-8 less years under his belt, and all the potential in the world.

Package that with some weapons and linemen to round out the draft and we can go into the season with the usual void in the secondary lol.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I rather have Wilson over Watson. I would take him 11 out of 10 times. And nothing has to do with the Watson drama. Watson knows how to win, Watson is still learning how to win. Wilson is older but his season last year was by far from impressive than Watson who was pretty much playing from behind the whole season. Forty passing touchdowns. 

He specifically wants out of a market that is just like Charlotte and they turned down Mack, Ayers and 3 first round picks.

I want Watson bc of the likelihood he would stay....Wilson is a total wild card with Ciara. 

1 minute ago, unicar15 said:

He specifically wants out of a market that is just like Charlotte and they turned down Mack, Ayers and 3 first round picks.

I want Watson bc of the likelihood he would stay....Wilson is a total wild card with Ciara. 

Just curious, but how is the Seattle market "just like" Charlotte?

7 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Mack’s cap hit is 30 mill after this year. 

I think you mean Hicks not Ayers and Hicks is a free agent after this season so he provides no real value with 1 year left.

If that’s really the best the Bears could offer no wonder they were turned down. That’s a terrible package for Seattle

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Mack’s cap hit is 30 mill after this year. 

I think you mean Hicks not Ayers and Hicks is a free agent after this season so he provides no real value with 1 year left.

If that’s really the best the Bears could offer no wonder they were turned down. That’s a terrible package for Seattle

Yeah maybe you’re right. Maybe Burns is more valuable. 

3 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Yeah maybe you’re right. Maybe Burns is more valuable. 

Both had 10 sacks and 3 forced fumbles last season. Obviously there’s a ton more besides these two stats but yeah.

One is 30 on a huge contract while the other is going into his 3rd season on a rookie deal and is still improving. 

It ain’t even close imo 

Edited by *FreeFua*