• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Isaiah Wilson cut after one week on Fins...

Jmac

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Behaving stupidly is behaving stupidly regardless of the underlying cause. You're coming dangerously close to saying no one should call out dumb behavior because that person *might* have an undiagnosed condition, which is not all that far from saying no one should be called out for anything ever, because who knows what they might have that we don't know about?

Whether he has a condition or not, his behavior has been undeniably self destructive. If you want to call that kicking dirt, I'm okay with kicking dirt on self destructive behavior. It might be what he finally needs to get treated, if there is indeed a condition. In my experience, just plain old stupid is incurable though, and this also perfectly fits the bill for just plain old stupid, so absent a medical opinion, I'm comfortable with the dirt kicking.

He also made an armchair diagnosis of schizophrenia based on little to no input. We don't know what his issues are or aren't. Regardless of the situation, he ruined his NFL opportunity.

It would be interesting to know if he had red flags coming into the league or from the interviews.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

He also made an armchair diagnosis of schizophrenia based on little to no input. We don't know what his issues are or aren't. Regardless of the situation, he ruined his NFL opportunity.

It would be interesting to know if he had red flags coming into the league or from the interviews.

Aye. 

As much as college coaches like go on about their players being family, and Dabo Sweeney in particular being noted for cultivating that environment, it wouldn't look great if you had a star player play for you for four years, and somehow failed to either notice or take action on signs of significant mental health problems.

That's not what we do for family, but it does sound a lot like how we might treat young men we're exploiting for our own gain.

• Beer 2

11 hours ago, countryboi said:

what could he do in a week during the off season to get cut?? he is really on a career speed run

Pretty sure that title went to Demetrius underwood for the vikings a while back who never played a down for them because he legit went crazy and tried running into oncoming traffic.  Honestly hope that dude got some help but man what a speed run.

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It would not surprise me if this was the player Rhule was referring too.  

Hours late for his physical, missed meetings and voluntary work outs that he agreed to attend.

It blows my mind that so many talented people waste it away because of plain stupidity. 

First round talent and a 14th round brain. 

Stupid maybe, addicted to something, more likely.

41 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

It's too bad he didn't have anyone close to tell him to stop dancing on SUVs and attend team meetings. I don't like to think where he will be in a year or two.

If you read some of the articles on him prior to UGa(which perhaps they were fluff pieces) then he sounds like a kid with his head on fairly straight and a good student. 

Maybe he is just one of these kids that goes to college and wilds out. It isn't like at a football factory school they are going to provide great life guidance. You are just a commodity to them. 

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He also made an armchair diagnosis of schizophrenia based on little to no input. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

If you read some of the articles on him prior to UGa(which perhaps they were fluff pieces) then he sounds like a kid with his head on fairly straight and a good student.  

Weird, almost like he's got something with an abrupt onset in his early twenties. 

Also I'm curious, how do you think schizophrenia or BPD is diagnosed?

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Weird, almost like he's got something with an abrupt onset in his early twenties. 

Also I'm curious, how do you think schizophrenia or BPD is diagnosed?

By actually seeing him and treating him as a psychiatrist, not watching Instagram videos and reading articles. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

By actually seeing him and treating him as a psychiatrist, not watching Instagram videos and reading articles. 

Well I'm closer to being a psychiatrist than anyone here is to being a therapist, and that's not stopping them from just writing him off as someone who just randomly decided to be a dumbass that doesn't care anymore....after making it through a division 1 football powerhouse and playing well enough be a first round pick.

and yet you don't seem to upset with them! hmmm wonder why

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Well I'm closer to being a psychiatrist than anyone here is to being a therapist, and that's not stopping them from just writing him off as someone who just randomly decided to be a dumbass that doesn't care anymore....after making it through a division 1 football powerhouse and playing well enough be a first round pick.

Funny, I would assume that a trained professional would see how foolish it would be to speculate on someone's psychological conditions without adequate information or at least personally treating them. Or at least that is an opinion I have heard from more than one practicing psychiatrist. 

Also, he wouldn't be the first professional athlete to lose his mind when they got some money. It could be any number of issues but they don't change the fact that he likely won't be playing in the NFL ever again.

9 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Probably because we are calling it like we see it instead of conjecturing wildly on things that *might* be true and criticizing others for not taking such hypotheticals into account before criticizing. Did you really honestly expect that if you are the closest thing to a therapist here, that all these laymen with no medical training whatsoever should have looked at Wilson's behavior and thought, hrm, that could be a star athlete not taking his responsibilities seriously and behaving like an entitled star athlete, but it's more likely a complex medical condition I should give him the benefit of the doubt on without an actual medical opinion on the issue and hold my tongue?

Even if you are the closest thing to a therapist here, that doesn't change the validity of the criticism in the least. No one here is criticizing a schizophrenic, they are criticizing self destructive behavior that you and you alone have decided *might* be schizophrenic, and feel entitled to chastise others based on your own determination that by your own words, everyone else is less qualified to make.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1