• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miami @3

5 hours ago, Leotiger said:

I know this sounds lame but Tua is left handed .. if he was more of an xfactor I would not mind .. but Makikg the oline and receivers switch up I think would be a step back ... but I’d take him vrs what we have now and also if it’s cheap 

Tua being left handed would make our best lineman his blindside protector..... Tua didn't perform horribly and he was a ROOKIE I dont think Miami moves from Tua... it was a strictly if they could get Watson move IMO.

I know the draft pick trade chart doesn't always tell the story, but for Miami to move from 18 to 8 is listed as 500 points, which is the same as our 2nd round pick value. I don't think you can get Tua for that, especially since trading for a QB usually cost more. If we added our 3rd round pick worth 225 points, that gets Miami a total of 725 points to move Tua, that is equal to about pick 25 of the first round.

So, you are looking at something like picks 8 and 73 to get Tua and 18

• Pie 1

As much as I have been trying to mention this, the best move might just be to trade back 3-4 spots and take Mac Jones.  (I know--everyone says he sucks but his numbers are elite--and I know you have that figured out as well---great offense--like Burrow and Trevor and Tua and even Lance and Fields and Wilson did not, in their own respective worlds.)  Jones and adding pick might be wiser that Tua/Fields/Lance and losing a pick or two or three.  However, some have written him off, but if you read the real QB experts and what they say about him---I do not think they agree.  Jones probably does last beyond New England at 15.

I could be wrong--but so could anyone who disagrees.  Me?  I will take the guy who won a championship and posted nearly 80% completion rates at an 11.2 yards per attempt clip. I like his processing speed and decision-making, and I like the fact that people who know the QB position like him.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

As much as I have been trying to mention this, the best move might just be to trade back 3-4 spots and take Mac Jones.  (I know--everyone says he sucks but his numbers are elite--and I know you have that figured out as well---great offense--like Burrow and Trevor and Tua and even Lance and Fields and Wilson did not, in their own respective worlds.)  Jones and adding pick might be wiser that Tua/Fields/Lance and losing a pick or two or three.  However, some have written him off, but if you read the real QB experts and what they say about him---I do not think they agree.  Jones probably does last beyond New England at 15.

I could be wrong--but so could anyone who disagrees.  Me?  I will take the guy who won a championship and posted nearly 80% completion rates at an 11.2 yards per attempt clip. I like his processing speed and decision-making, and I like the fact that people who know the QB position like him.

sloth no GIF

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I agree, his processing, decision making, and accuracy with ball placement make him a very good prospect. He isn’t a standing target, but also isn't blessed with great athleticism. We would need to build a good Oline, and that extra pick could help with that. I think Mac would be good in the Joe Brady system

No need to trade up to #3.  Cincy's #5 is all we to move up to get Lance or Fields. There is no chance QBs go 1,2,3,4...repeat ZERO.  Actually little chance Detroit or Philly go QB either.  However, I'm not sure we take the chance that someone trades into one of those spots though.  That's where the real risk lies.

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

No need to trade up to #3.  Cincy's #5 is all we to move up to get Lance or Fields. There is no chance QBs go 1,2,3,4...repeat ZERO.  Actually little chance Detroit or Philly go QB either.  However, I'm not sure we take the chance that someone trades into one of those spots though.  That's where the real risk lies.

The problem is getting Cincy to make the trade. They need Sewell to protect Burrow. I have also read where Burrow wants Jamarr Chase to team back up with. Not to mention they rarely trade picks.

I do worry about the Jets trading Darnold and taking QB, or trading back with a team wanting QB. Miami could trade back. Atlanta I would still not rule out taking QB or trading back. Philly, who knows at this point. I do agree that Detroit goes not pick QB. It really is wild.

Edited by TheProcess

18 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

The problem is getting Cincy to make the trade. They need Sewell to protect Burrow. I have also read where Burrow wants Jamarr Chase to team back up with. Not to mention they rarely trade picks.

I do worry about the Jets trading Darnold and taking QB, or trading back with a team wanting QB. Miami could trade back. Atlanta I would still not rule out taking QB or trading back. Philly, who knows at this point. I do agree that Detroit goes not pick QB. It really is wild.

Sewell isn't even the consensus #1 tackle.  If Salter's arms were a few inches longer, he'd be the #1 LT more so than he is now various BBs.  The Bengals have choices. 

If the Jets stick with Darold and take Sewell, we may not even have to trade up at all.  That's one QB available that most people didn't expect to be there.

34 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I hope this is true, but Adam Shefter said bank on the first 4 picks being QB... 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Sewell isn't even the consensus #1 tackle.  If Salter's arms were a few inches longer, he'd be the #1 LT more so than he is now various BBs.  The Bengals have choices. 

If the Jets stick with Darold and take Sewell, we may not even have to trade up at all.  That's one QB available that most people didn't expect to be there.

That's true, but just depends how Cincy views each player. I just think it will be hard to get them to trade. They don't have a long history of trading picks. 

I still think Atlanta is going QB. They can sit somebody 1 or 2 years behind Ryan, and be ready to go. They may not see another top pick like this anytime soon. They would also be blocking us, their division rival at the same time.