• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts as a WR/TE Good for Carolina ?

Leotiger

15 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why are you trading back into the first round for him?

Take him at #8, or trade down to later in the first round if you think he's not quite worth that / you have a good offer. 

Go back and read through the thread. OP thinks we should pick QB at 8 and trade multiple picks to get back into the first to pick Pitts.

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

Go back and read through the thread. OP thinks we should pick QB at 8 and trade multiple picks to get back into the first to pick Pitts.

If we get our qb at 8 and are thinking about trading up for another player, it better be an OL that is worth a damn. We can get a late round te if we want one from the draft.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

Think he was thinking of this play where Pitts was being triple covered and one of the guys covering was PS.

Nope, I tried to reference that play.  He specifically referenced a different play, where Patrick Surtain actually got Moss'd.  However, it was a totally different player.  Or maybe Pitts changed his number and name on the back of his jersey, I'm not sure yet.  He literally posted a video and specifically pointed to a time point.  It wasn't Pitts.

49 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Nope, I tried to reference that play.  He specifically referenced a different play, where Patrick Surtain actually got Moss'd.  However, it was a totally different player.  Or maybe Pitts changed his number and name on the back of his jersey, I'm not sure yet.  He literally posted a video and specifically pointed to a time point.  It wasn't Pitts.

In his defense it looked like the video said Pitts vs Surtain. So I’m not sure why they showed him getting gimped by Grimes ( our #2 receiver / #3 pass catcher behind Pitts and Toney. 

26 minutes ago, Varking said:

Kyle Trask. A guy who benefit in a major way throwing to guys like Toney, Grimes and Pitts. 

Grimes is a guy that I'm bullish on. Waaay undervalued by a few sites (190+ overall). Boom bust guy, but I get the shades of old man Ted Ginn. Good speed has hops, but production was lacking. Has he ever returned punts at UF? Unlike Ginn, Grimes is a better lob threat and sturdier too. Seen him in the mid to late 6th and I'm all in on that loto ticket that late. He booms you profit, he doesn't meh.

Also, see Trask undervalued as well. Slipping from the 1st to in cases the 3rd now. I know his limitations are elite arm strength and is a statue, but give him 3 really good weapons and a meh to good online, and think he would be a fine qb. Thinking CMC, DJ, RA, are a nice starting group for him. Now sprinkle in Pitts in 1st (or Chase if he fell) with Arnold as another matchup issue, and Trask can spin it to put up big numbers.

Unsure why folks around here don't like Trask more, good mental makeup to push it good in the pocket and can get the ball out and on target.

I love pitts and wouldn't be mad if we drafted him. However, I honestly think we should build the roster first and run it back with teddy so that we could have a franchise QB step in to a much better situation. I would rather go OL or CB. But that's just my opinion. It would be a lil harder to get a QB1 next year seeing as we won't have a top 10 pick unless grier is thrown out there. 

I think our team is primed to be second in the division regardless of if teddy or one of the top QBs in this draft is under center for us. 

Just my take on it. 

49 minutes ago, chbright said:

Grimes is a guy that I'm bullish on. Waaay undervalued by a few sites (190+ overall). Boom bust guy, but I get the shades of old man Ted Ginn. Good speed has hops, but production was lacking. Has he ever returned punts at UF? Unlike Ginn, Grimes is a better lob threat and sturdier too. Seen him in the mid to late 6th and I'm all in on that loto ticket that late. He booms you profit, he doesn't meh.

Also, see Trask undervalued as well. Slipping from the 1st to in cases the 3rd now. I know his limitations are elite arm strength and is a statue, but give him 3 really good weapons and a meh to good online, and think he would be a fine qb. Thinking CMC, DJ, RA, are a nice starting group for him. Now sprinkle in Pitts in 1st (or Chase if he fell) with Arnold as another matchup issue, and Trask can spin it to put up big numbers.

Unsure why folks around here don't like Trask more, good mental makeup to push it good in the pocket and can get the ball out and on target.

I’m a Gator homer. I just don’t see Trask as an elite NFL QB. As you said, the arm strength isn’t horrific but it is lesser and he doesn’t have much in the way of mobility. He needs elite weapons or a great line to give him time to make reads. Grimes should go well before the 6th.