• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pitts runs 4.46 40

Varking

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Helluva prospect. Zero desire to draft him due to desperate needs at positions of much higher positional value.

Eh, I'm still on board Pitts as a fall back plan, even after signing Arnold. he is somewhere between Greg Olsen and Vernon Davis as a prospect. To me it's a Derwin James type situation: you know the guy is walking in to the NFL as a top 5 guy at his position, just not as important as the rest of the regulars (kickers excluded). That said James in my mind was undervalued even at safety, sucks the guy has had issues staying on the field.

7 minutes ago, chbright said:

Eh, I'm still on board Pitts as a fall back plan, even after signing Arnold. he is somewhere between Greg Olsen and Vernon Davis as a prospect. To me it's a Derwin James type situation: you know the guy is walking in to the NFL as a top 5 guy at his position, just not as important as the rest of the regulars (kickers excluded). That said James in my mind was undervalued even at safety, sucks the guy has had issues staying on the field.

I wanted James sooooo bad.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Helluva prospect. Zero desire to draft him due to desperate needs at positions of much higher positional value.

If Pitts is worst out-come for the 8th pick, Im perfectly fine with that 10/10. Imagine trying to stop Pitts, CMC, Anderson, Moore and _______ . Teddy or not, having a legit threat at each inch of the field, I could go along with that so long all QBs and LTs are long gone. O and Chase is gone as well, the NFL has vastly under rated TE anyways. 

Now all these numbers coming out of these pro-day are sus, very sus. Even if you add 10% to that 4.46 its still very impressive. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If Pitts is worst out-come for the 8th pick, Im perfectly fine with that 10/10. Imagine trying to stop Pitts, CMC, Anderson, Moore and _______ . Teddy or not, having a legit threat at each inch of the field, I could go along with that so long all QBs and LTs are long gone. O and Chase is gone as well, the NFL has vastly under rated TE anyways. 

Now all these numbers coming out of these pro-day are sus, very sus. Even if you add 10% to that 4.46 its still very impressive. 

Challenge accepted. My entire D is gonna be within 10 yards of the LOS every snap

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

Pitts going top 15 will be a mistake.  He is a uber athletic big WR/TE.  He has rare talent but it's not like we have not seen this before.  Recently Mike Gesicki out of Penn St. ran a 4.55 official at the combine.  Leaped out of the building and put up 20+ reps on the bench.  He was taken in the second round.  Pitts had more college production but comparing raw upside they similar.  Bottom of the first into top of the second is Pitts actual value.  Pro day numbers are notorious for being inflated.  In all honesty I would take a chance on baby gronk out of yep Penn st at a discount over Pitts.