• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly: Teddy Bridgewater 'understands it's a performance-based business'

Tbe

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am struggling with your logic train, though. You say draft Trask in the second, then to start Grier over him to get a top 5 pick in the 2022 Draft. 

If Trask is that good(and your Trask-crush is well documented at this point) then why in the world would it make sense to start a 3rd string QB over him? 

I just can't really follow what you think we should do. It's all over the map.

IMO Trask would thrash Grier in camp. Trask may not last past Pittsburgh. They want a Big Ben replacement, so you'd have to trade into the bottom of the first to make sure.

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Baseless accusations of butthurt sounds like an emotional reaction to a simple perfomance based discussion. It is salary cap space that could have been utilized beefing up the offensive line and adding another starting corner at the least. The argument you are presenting does not jive with reality. If the Carolina Panthers were willing to spend the kind of money they did on a quarterback do you believe they did not have the expectation he would be even a slight improvement over Allen or a deteriorating Newton? If all they were seeking was a placeholder for a year or two they could have achieved that for significantly less investment and addressed other areas of need to be ready for the next quarterback when the time came to hand off the reigns. The present day dilemma is that simple.

You don’t exactly tell a competitive team you’re rolling with Kyle Allen so you can address the other parts of a team and and don’t care about competing for 3 years.

Yes they believed he’d be better than Cam and Allen - which by all metrics he was, at least last year. I never said it wasn’t a bad signing, I said it’s not this huge move that will set the franchise multiple years and it’s overblown which I believe it is.

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

IMO Trask would thrash Grier in camp. Trask may not last past Pittsburgh. They want a Big Ben replacement, so you'd have to trade into the bottom of the first to make sure.

Trash is not going first round LMAO. What film y’all be watching?

16 hours ago, blueandblackattack said:

That's the pot calling the kettle black. Some of you really should learn how to use Google an check your facts first.

The floor price for a starting quarterback is around $20m according to Spotrac https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

Teddy ranks only 16th in average salary, and the only ones below him are Rothlisburger(after a huge restructuring), backups and qb's still under their rookie deal.

$20m might have been top 5 money 10 years ago, but thats just the floor these days. It's called inflation.

We took a calculated gamble because he was familiar with the system Brady was installing, and did well in it the year prior going 5-0. It didn't work. Life sucks, get over it.

You can cry in your beers all you want, but some of you armchair GM's need to check your facts first and start looking at the team long term.

Bridgewater has a voidable year after this year, and we're about 1 year away from being a complete team. But the bricks are being put in their place, and theres a light at the end of the tunnel.

I know it's hard to be patient when your definition of success is a Superbowl or we're trash, so you might wanna start lowering your expectations and get with the process, otherwise you're always gonna be disappointed.

One of the rare posts on this forum that isn't backed by anger, some ridiculously stupid snide remark punk faced political underhanded crap take or someone just crapping on another for fun. Thank you for being a voice of reason in this thread. I'm ready to say goodbye to Teddy but even if you and I agree on all of your post or nothing I must respect your opinion because it isn't 75% of the crap spewed here from some posters chubby drunken rant fingers. Great sensible post!

11 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Trash is not going first round LMAO. What film y’all be watching?

Yeah, if teams are picking players because of prior performance and level of competition, Trask would easily be top two.

You guys are going of off hype. Who threw for the most yards? Who threw the most TDs? Who had 43TDs with only 8INTS? Trask not your guy.

Edited by rippadonn

14 hours ago, onmyown said:

You don’t exactly tell a competitive team you’re rolling with Kyle Allen so you can address the other parts of a team and and don’t care about competing for 3 years.

Yes they believed he’d be better than Cam and Allen - which by all metrics he was, at least last year. I never said it wasn’t a bad signing, I said it’s not this huge move that will set the franchise multiple years and it’s overblown which I believe it is.

To your first point that is valid. Yet the truth is we are now in that position with Teddy anyway while being on the hook for a much bigger cap loss. That is quite a significant negative now matter how we try to spin it.

On your second point, metrics mean pretty much squat if the quarterback can't finish when it counts. Even Baby Goat was somehow capable enough to finish off a few games in the fourth quarter. Geez even Newton who is clearly a shell of himself managed to hobble together a few fourth quarter finishes. How on Earth did we downgrade from that? We won the same number of divisional matchups with Bridgwater as we did the previously mentioned quarterbacks. One. Uno. That is embarrassing at best.

I have been around the block long enough to understand why some are still dying on this hill with Bridgwater. It's a shame but some things just don't change.