• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Micah Parsons runs 4.39

TheWiz

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Same is true largely for QBs. 

Tom Brady does you no good without an OL and the proper weapons.   If you have an OL and weapons? Brady makes a massive difference.  You got a DL?  A dude like Luke will give you a top D. 

That's my take.   Not 100% the same but similar in nature. 

Could you imagine an offense with a top 5 QB sucking? 

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Maybe, it's a possibility but it's just as likely if not more so that they would have imploded without Cam. Like a sting of anti-2015s lol. Good D and no hope on the O.  DG's time we had JR so we know nothing would have changed really. Dude allowed Clausen to happen and still didn't fire Hurney. Hell, I bet it would all look a lot lioke 2020 at best honestly.

I would also love to be in such a great place where we could take on that kind of talent because we didn't have such massive needs at places that have higher positional value. 

That's why I didn't run with the assumption that Rivera and Hurney would have been sent packing sooner....it was JR.

Don't get me wrong, I am not taking the position our brain trust (and I choke every time I use that term with the group in question) WOULD have been able to build a better OL or find better WRs, just that they would not have been able to hide behind Cam when they didn't.  That became a self-fulfilling prophecy.  The more Cam did, the less the brain trust did to help him.

If only Ted Ginn had hands........

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

dude has some off the field concerns that are pretty ugly.  I know teams will vet him out and someone will draft him, but I don't want him to be a Panther from what I've read. 

Also I don't want him to be a Panther with pick 8.  Last fall I was interested, but I do agree with the positional value argument now.  QB, LT, CB or trade down.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Could you imagine an offense with a top 5 QB sucking? 

Can we extend the range out to top 10-15? Because the top 10-15 is very fluid....and part of that is because the team/scenario around them dictates it.   I can imagine many the top 10 sucking when in bad spots vs good. 

A prime Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Wilson, etc will find a way.    So basically HOFers can generally find a way not to suck.  I'll say that.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Can we extend the range out to top 10-15? Because the top 10-15 is very fluid....and part of that is because the team/scenario around them dictates it.   I can imagine many the top 10 sucking when in bad spots vs good. 

Nah. Once you get outside of the top 10, you're basically talking about teams that are either A) looking for a QB, B) have a young QB hopefully developing into a top 10 QB, or C) too dumb to realize they should be looking for a QB.

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That's why I didn't run with the assumption that Rivera and Hurney would have been sent packing sooner....it was JR.

Don't get me wrong, I am not taking the position our brain trust (and I choke every time I use that term with the group in question) WOULD have been able to build a better OL or find better WRs, just that they would not have been able to hide behind Cam when they didn't.  That became a self-fulfilling prophecy.  The more Cam did, the less the brain trust did to help him.

If only Ted Ginn had hands........

I get you I just burned through any optimism with any of the old crew long ago. JR did fire Hurney once, Ron was the initial target. I just assumed JR would have replaced Ron with another Fox/Ron clone. Heavy on D and keep kissing the ring. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Even as bad as Shula was and the bear constant OL issues we had, the worst scoring offense we fielded with Cam was still 19th in the league. That's not good, but basically barely below average. 

That's with the entire game plan being Cam throwing and power running as our lead rusher. I still think that says more positive things about Cam then Shula but I am biased with absolute disgust for the product Shula devised. The fact the man went through 2015 and then changed the O to be so much worse in 2016 still pisses me off. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah. Once you get outside of the top 10, you're basically talking about teams that are either A) looking for a QB, B) have a young QB hopefully developing into a top 10 QB, or C) too dumb to realize they should be looking for a QB.

Okay.  But the top 10 list is pretty fluid year to year isn't? At least the names the round out a top 10 each year. I mean you know certain folks will be there.  Aaron Rodgers.  Maybe 2nd one year.  3rd the next.  He will have a spot.  Like a Mahomes.  But it is still fluid outside of like a group of 5-6 fixtures.   Then you can have Cam, Baker, Lamar, Allen, Goff, etc.  In one year, out the next.