• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Kellen Mond anyone?

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I'd imagine the argument that you go BPA regardless of position at 8, and if you have a first round grade on a QB that falls to you in the 2nd or 3rd...?

If you have a first round grade on a QB that falls to the 2nd or 3rd you might be Marty Hurney trading up to draft Will Grier. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

If you have a first round grade on a QB that falls to the 2nd or 3rd you might be Marty Hurney trading up to draft Will Grier. 

To translate that: 
First round graded QBs typically are not getting out of the top 15. Unless you are some magic wizard GM from a movie, you are typically not hitting on something that everybody else misses. If you need a QB and have a 1st round grade on said QB, but did not take him in the 1st round then you are a moron.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

To translate that: 
First round graded QBs typically are not getting out of the top 15. Unless you are some magic wizard GM from a movie, you are typically not hitting on something that everybody else misses. If you need a QB and have a 1st round grade on said QB, but did not take him in the 1st round then you are a moron.

Thank you jesus... Ppl really need to get out of this mentality of thinking you can find barried treasure for the most important position on the field.. 

58 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I prefer Jamie Newman and sit him for a year.  Newman reminds of Cam... big, fast and physical and can swing 70 yards down the field with a flick. 

Newman looked like absolute garbage at the Senior Bowl and then refused to take part in Georgia's pro day.

18 minutes ago, Verge said:

If you aren't going to take a QB in round 1, why take one at all? 

I should also preface this with, if you are in a good situation as a team with a solid starter and lots of depth it makes complete and total sense to draft a guy like Mond, Jordan Love, etc etc. Developing a physically gifted QB to be a backup or long term solution makes perfect sense if you can afford to do so. Weaker teams with limited depths and lots of holes taking swings at lottery tickets makes your team a hell of a lot worse unless he do hit the golden ticket, and it makes it worse in the long term. This goes without mentioning the fact that if you did draft a developmental guy in round 2 you might convince yourself out of finding the guy the next year because you might have to admit you suck at your job by drafting yet another QB. 

Just now, ladypanther said:

Dak Prescott, Joe Montana, and there is some other guy...can't think of his name right now.

But...have to have a much better eye for talent than Marty for sure.

Or just get really, really lucky.

I know a lot of people think getting Brady in the 6th was a sign of genius, but I don't.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Verge said:

To translate that: 

Fair enough, but it seems to me these things reportedly happen all the time.  Maybe it's hindsight with GMs changing their tune after they get someone in the 2nd or so.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or just get really, really lucky.

There's something to that. Brady isn't the most physically gifted QB to ever come along. But he had something that couldn't be quantified. Maybe Bill saw it in him, but more likely, he saw a decent backup prospect and got ridiculously lucky.