• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Sign or not to Sign - Bridgewater vs Draft. DRAFT

CPcavedweller

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Who has said Teddy is the answer? That's simply hyperbolic poppycock! 

Most here are saying that he isn't the answer, but no one has given any definitive solution to who is a better answer right now! There are better answers, but we either have to give up the farm, or roll the dice and hope that some thus far imperfect, middling talent shows better than Teddy did in 2020.

The John Fox/Ron Rivera "play not to lose" mentality is still alive and well I see. Get rid of the purgatory. It's exactly like I said when we signed Teddy - he's not good enough to allow you to compete but he's likely to be just good enough to deny you the opportunity to draft a top tier QB prospect. Lo and behold, here we are. I'd prefer not to be here again next year. Ditch the anchor holding us back. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The John Fox/Ron Rivera "play not to lose" mentality is still alive and well I see. Get rid of the purgatory. It's exactly like I said when we signed Teddy - he's not good enough to allow you to compete but he's likely to be just good enough to deny you the opportunity to draft a top tier QB prospect. Lo and behold, here we are. I'd prefer not to be here again next year. Ditch the anchor holding us back. 

And, just like I told you earlier, your thought processes that say we should set ourselves up to lose is more akin to any Foxball or Rivera chicken poo era than anything!

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's exactly like I said when we signed Teddy - he's not good enough to allow you to compete but he's likely to be just good enough to deny you the opportunity to draft a top tier QB prospect. Lo and behold, here we are. I'd prefer not to be here again next year. Ditch the anchor holding us back. 

Addition by subtraction.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we actually had an offer(s) for Teddy and declined it's a huge red flag. It's a strong indicator that we're very, VERY dumb. Unloading that contract for anything, even a conditional 7th rounder would've been a godsend.

This 

Rhule made it quite clear his feelings on Bridgewater. Could have unloaded that contract and rented a QB1 for a year if needed but noooo

its the ‘process’ you know   

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And, just like I told you earlier, your thought processes that say we should set ourselves up to lose is more akin to any Foxball or Rivera chicken poo era than anything!

I'm not necessarily saying set ourselves up to lose. I'm fine with swinging a hail Mary deal for a QB this year too. But doing nothing at the QB position or hoping for a mid-late round QB to come in and save the day just isn't a plan a winning organization would implement.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not necessarily saying set ourselves up to lose. I'm fine with swinging a hail Mary deal for a QB this year too. But doing nothing at the QB position or hoping for a mid-late round QB to come in and save the day just isn't a plan a winning organization would implement.

Well, stop with all the pontificating about Fox and Rivera B.S. I'm sure we'll do what we can to move up within reason! If we can't, we're just going to have to hope for the best and grin and bear it! It's all a cost-value analysis. We apparently didn't want to pay what Frisco was willing to pay to move up, and we weren't willing to pay what the Rams were for Stafford. I would say that's probably a good thing. This isn't a one-year process! We have to look towards the future, even in our zeal to move on from Teddy.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Well, stop with all the pontificating about Fox and Rivera B.S. I'm sure we'll do what we can to move up within reason! If we can't, we're just going to have to hope for the best and grin and bear it! It's all a cost-value analysis. We apparently didn't want to pay what Frisco was willing to pay to move up, and we weren't willing to pay what the Rams were for Stafford. I would say that's probably a good thing. This isn't a one-year process! We have to look towards the future, even in our zeal to move on from Teddy.

Now do the cost value analysis on Teddy Bridgewater...

I agree. We absolutely have to look towards the future and moving on from Teddy for better or worse is the first step. There's no future in the 5-7 win range and that's where you're likely to end up with Teddy, plus you have $17M in cap space gone. 

There's no cost value analysis that comes out positive for keeping Teddy. That's what I've been arguing the whole time you've been trying to convince yourself that somehow some way keeping Teddy is a viable plan. It's not something that a well ran organization would do.

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL! That was five years ago. He's on his third roster since that injury. The guy isn't good enough. All the mental gymanstics in the world isn't going to make him good enough. We're sub-.500 again and $17M of cap space down the drain if he's in the roster next year. 100% loser mentality.

It will actually be 28M if he stays. Like you said, it’s starting to sound like last summer. 

Only real concern I have with Teddy starting is whether or not he can complete a full 17-game season. He was physically struggling down the stretch to finish his first complete season as a starter since his injury (something he'd need a "hell of an offseason" to address).

Would love to see Fields or Lance drop to to #8 so that they can sit and learn. If Teddy struggles again, they have the end of the season to get the rookie some reps.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now do the cost value analysis on Teddy Bridgewater...

I agree. We absolutely have to look towards the future and moving on from Teddy for better or worse is the first step. There's no future in the 5-7 win range and that's where you're likely to end up with Teddy, plus you have $17M in cap space gone. 

There's no cost value analysis that comes out positive for keeping Teddy. That's what I've been arguing the whole time you've been trying to convince yourself that somehow some way keeping Teddy is a viable plan. It's not something that a well ran organization would do.

And you still haven't come up with any alternative of we're stuck out on the cold, which is very possible, especially now that the 49ers decided to give up the farm to move to three. All you're saying is that we should jettison Teddy under any circumstance and "Damn 2021!" If we do damn 2021 (or any year), that could have adverse effects and repercussions for years to come! That's not what winning organizations do. In fact, it's what losing organizations do.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And you still haven't come up with any alternative of we're stuck out on the cold, which is very possible, especially now that the 49ers decided to give up the farm to move to three. All you're saying is that we should jettison Teddy under any circumstance and "Damn 2021!" If we do damn 2021 (or any year), that could have adverse effects and repercussions for years to come! That's not what winning organizations do. In fact, it's what losing organizations do.

My point is quite clear here. Teddy is the worst case scenario. Teddy caliber play at a near $23M cap hit virtually ensuring a bad season but not quite bad enough to land a legit franchise QB prospect isn't acceptable and isn't a plan built around building a winning franchise. It's the worst possible option for the betterment of the future.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

So it is better for the future of the team to use all your cap space, lose comp picks, and just repeat the same problem every year to finish with 5-7 wins then taking one year to set up the team for many years in the future. 

The Dolphins don’t seem to have any trouble with the teams “chemistry” and commitment. Much like last summer when this was told to you and others , repeatedly. 

• Pie 1