• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McShay has us trading picks moving from 8th to 7th with Detroit to pick Lance

panthers55

https://www.derp/2021/4/1/22362214/carolina-panthers-trade-up-gamble-on-quarterback-trey-lance-nfl-mock-draft-todd-mcshay-espn

Maybe it is just me but why would we trade up from 8th to 7th with Detroit to pick a guy who will be there anyway. If they really wanted Lance they wouldn't make the trade and they likely won't go QB after trading for Goff. They need weapons around him like WRs.  If Detroit wanted a QB I could see us trading ahead of Detroit if we thought they wanted Lance but not with Detroit. Tell me where my thinking is flawed 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

https://www.derp/2021/4/1/22362214/carolina-panthers-trade-up-gamble-on-quarterback-trey-lance-nfl-mock-draft-todd-mcshay-espn

Maybe it is just me but why would we trade up from 8th to 7th with Detroit to pick a guy who will be there anyway. If they really wanted Lance they wouldn't make the trade and they likely won't go QB after trading for Goff. They need weapons around him like WRs.  If Detroit wanted a QB I could see us trading ahead of Detroit if we thought they wanted Lance but not with Detroit. Tell me where my thinking is flawed 

Because if we don't trade another team will, that's why. 

• Pie 2

Why? That makes zero literal sense. If they aren’t going to take Lance at 7 why would we want to give up anything to move up a spot for nothing. If they do threaten to take lance in this scenario but just as a play to fleece us we already lost. Finally if they do want Lance why the Fug would they trade with us knowing we were gonna take their pick.

The only way this would make any sense is if they were to trade with someone else to take Lance before us. But I have a hard time believing a BPA for them that they want is not going to be on the board right there.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Because if we don't trade another team will, that's why. 

As I mentioned even that doesn’t make any sense because let’s say Lance is on the board. A team picking in the 9-12 range wants to move up. 

Detroit's BPA is on the board a BPA that we would probably take at 8 if the QBs are gone(in this armchair GM QB infatuated world). Maybe a 9 and 7 swap makes sense if they knew we weren’t going to take their guy but not much else. 

Honestly I’d say say a 19 to 7 swap for Micah Parsons would make more sense but that would leave Detroit way out of the mix. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

As I mentioned even that doesn’t make any sense because let’s say Lance is on the board. A team picking in the 9-12 range wants to move up. 

Detroit's BPA is on the board a BPA that we would probably take at 8 if the QBs are gone(in this armchair GM QB infatuated world). Maybe a 9 and 7 swap makes sense if they knew we weren’t going to take their guy but not much else. 

Honestly I’d say say a 19 to 7 swap for Micah Parsons would make more sense but that would leave Detroit way out of the mix. 

Well if they get considerably more compensation from another team, they might be willing to pass on their favorite player. 

14 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Well if they get considerably more compensation from another team, they might be willing to pass on their favorite player. 

But again unless you have Lance way over Fields you will get one or the other. Or we could trade down and let someone who loves Fields give us the farm to get him and we can get a vet like Darnold for a 4th and draft a guy in the second and still be way ahead of the game. Especially if it true that we don't love anyone except for Trevor or Fields 

Edited by panthers55

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

But again unless you have Lance way over Fields you will get one or the other. Or if we could trade down and let someone who loves Fields give us the farm to get him and we can get a vet like Darnold for a 4th and draft a guy in the second and still be way ahead of the game. Especially if it true that we don't love anyone except for Trevor or Fields 

Sure if you don't care what player you get then none of it matters.

Edited by Shotgun

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Sure if you don't care what player you get then none of it matters.

Not true at all. You do care who you get but again is Lance worth giving up 2 firsts over Fields which costs nothing or the other way around. We are talking the 4th or fifth best guy not the first or second. At what point are either such a slam dunk to get into a bidding war. 

• Beer 1