• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think the draft plays out like this...

Bronn

1 hour ago, razorwolf said:

IMO I really love TE and Pitts would be great. But the team has a bigger need at OT, but I like Rashawn Slater over Penei Sewell (but I'd be happy to have either)!

I'd be happy with either as well. But, if both are gone for some reason, I'd take Pitts in a heartbeat.

Think of the best TE playing today, Kelce? 

Now pair him with the speediest receiver like Hill. And a young RB like Edwards-Helaire. And other versatile weapons like Hardiman and Watkins.

And an all-world QB like Mahomes.

What does it look like with these weapons with a trash O-Line? It looks like that trainwreck we saw in the SB. 

Give me Sewell or Slater. Trade down if you want, but give me a LT and another OL with your first two picks.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Well Pitts isn’t making it past Miami if he’s even there at 6 

And no, Lance isn’t rated higher than Pitts on our board.

While I agree with this, there is one "possible" scenario that drops Pitts to 8...

Jags - TL

Jets - ZW

49ers - Mac

Atlanta - Lance/Fields 

Cincy - Sewell

Miami - Chase,  maybe they value the WR over the TE/Flex since they already have Gesicki.....by the way, if they get Pitts does Gesicki become available? 

Detroit - Waddle, Smith, Slater, Parsons....they need a lot, and with so many needs I don't see them interested on Pitts when Hockenson is one of very few solid starters there

Panthers - Pitts available

15 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

They have two solid tackles. They have flexibility to take an array of good players. There's talk there among fans  moving Sewell to G. That would seem not to be passing up a better situation 

Drafting and moving Sewell to guard would be interesting and a head scratcher to me. If I am a Bengals fan I want to see Jonah Williams kicked inside where I think he will be better off. Play Sewell at LT. 

Having said that, I think they will pick Chase.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

This isn’t really factual. They threw for almost 6000 yards and Moss had 570 of it. He accounted for about 9% of the passing game. Thomas and Manhertz were almost ignored last year and accounted for about 5% of the passing game. Our ignored TEs were in the same neighborhood of his production. Heck, Chase and Jefferson combined for almost 6x the yardage Moss had.

Moss really wasn’t used much, people just remember the playoffs because he had two TDs (on only 36 yards) against Clemson. Brady has yet to show true usage of a TE like we fondly remember Olsen being used. Doesn’t mean he can’t but Moss is really not proof that he has, that was table scraps in a ridiculous passing offense.

Brady is going to use people who get open. If you had Chase, Jefferson and Marshall on your team and they are all open almost every play you are rarely going to throw to the TE.

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

Brady is going to use people who get open. If you had Chase, Jefferson and Marshall on your team and they are all open almost every play you are rarely going to throw to the TE.

Exactly - when he's got that type of receiving talent he's not asking Burrow to throw to an UDFA TE.

Likewise he's not asking Bridgewater to throw to the terrible TEs on our roster when he has Moore / Samuel / Anderson to throw to. 

Edited by OldhamA

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

This isn’t really factual. They threw for almost 6000 yards and Moss had 570 of it. He accounted for about 9% of the passing game. Thomas and Manhertz were almost ignored last year and accounted for about 5% of the passing game. Our ignored TEs were in the same neighborhood of his production. Heck, Chase and Jefferson combined for almost 6x the yardage Moss had.

Moss really wasn’t used much, people just remember the playoffs because he had two TDs (on only 36 yards) against Clemson. Brady has yet to show true usage of a TE like we fondly remember Olsen being used. Doesn’t mean he can’t but Moss is really not proof that he has, that was table scraps in a ridiculous passing offense.

Moss (the TE) was 4th in receptions and receiving TDs on team with Jefferson, Chase, Edwards-Helaire, and Marshall Jr. I don't know what else to tell you.

And Moss is no Kyle Pitts.

Edited by Moo Daeng

Thats like saying "I'm not taking Shaquille O'neal at 8 because I don't value the center position"

Nobody looks back 5 years later on the draft and says "Oh, I see why Carolina didn't take the HOF tight end talent, they needed an offensive lineman at the time"

Take the best player when you have a high pick. Simple as that.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

And? That somehow means that Brady uses TEs? I’m confused about how that somehow validates that Brady’s offense is predicated on using the TE.

What did we do for the off-season that Brady was here? Did we go after a TE to go with Moore, Samuel and CMC? No, we added Anderson. Did we again go after a top TE or JAG to replace Thomas? Did we sign a guy to replace Samuel?

Maybe we’ll draft Pitts but looking at what we’ve done so far for Brady and his LSU days shows nothing that supports the theory that he likes TEs. That’s all I am saying. Pointing to LSU proves more than he likes using the heck out of the top 3 WRs like we saw last year here.

If the TE is one of his best… he will get used. Good offensive coordinators don’t ignore positions of value. You think because he hasn’t been in position to use a good tight end that this somehow means he doesn’t use them or like them. 

29 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I agree if we somehow get Moss. My whole point was that looking at Moss’ usage shows nothing that says I want to throw to TEs. The LSU WR 4-6 had more yards than Moss. Looking at the Brady off seasons we sure have done more to add 3rd WRs than we did to acquire a top TE. There’s a lot of signs that Brady loves throwing to WRs in 3 WR sets and nothing to show he showcases TEs. Again not saying he can’t just that he hasn’t yet.

I agree. I just don’t think we’ve been in a position to get a top TE during our offseason. Our cap room is typically tights and we’ve had so many other issues we needed filled via the draft. This is the first time he’s been in a position to have say in personnel and one might happen to be available around our pick.