• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like the Panthers will begin voluntary offseason workouts tomorrow

Captain Morgan

No word that they won't so far.  Most teams have announced their players have opted out as a team.

"The Panthers are expected to begin Phase 1 of their offseason workout program on Monday, according to a memo sent from the league to all 32 teams. The offseason program is completely voluntary except for one mandatory minicamp, which will take place in June.

Phase 1 of the offseason is mostly virtual, as outlined below.

Starting next Monday, teams are allowed to begin the four-week first phase. That includes two hours a day of virtual meetings, and allows the weight room to be open, with limits on occupancy for safety reasons (10 players in the weight room at a time). There’s no on-field work, or in-person work with coaches during that first month."

https://www.derp/2021/4/16/22387222/nfl-carolina-panthers-to-begin-offseason-workout-program-on-monday

Panthers are among 12 teams that have not yet released a statement on their participation in voluntary, in-person portion of offseason workouts, which begin tomorrow.
  • Pie 1

Two things- vets with workout bonus, is the "team" or union going to pay my 150,000 bonus if I do not show??

Vets dont want younger players to take their jobs. Its that simple, so they make-up a bunch of BS convid, unfair, need more moneyz, etc. Its all BS, the only way for young players to get better is reps/snaps, watching film, and working out. The vets know this and what to stunt rookies growth, such chicken poo!!

Imagine getting paid the league minimum 660,000 just once for your life. 20 games in 365 days, yea theres much more to it than that, but its not "real" work for the normies. Then you complain constantly, dont want to show up for.... what 6 days....( 3 hours per day??) of film watching and lifting. Then you go back to your vacation, what a fuging joke.. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

Good, glad our players aren’t a bunch of pansies.

Lets wait to see what happens, if most show, having all those Balyor/Temple players will pay off some. 

I hope Rhule told the whole team- players who show up and work, will benefit and be ahead of those who dont... Poor guy didnt get all the rookie HC stuff, Id hate to see team react by taking this away too. 5-11 team needs to improve and this helps, but you got all these BS agendas now-a-days.. 

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

No reason why they shouldn't outside of using Covid as an excuse to extend their offseason vacations.  Last time I checked, 20-somethings in excellent physical health aren't dropping like flies.

Not the point. I'm sure athletes couldn't care less if they got it. Their families on the other hand...

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

So is Jermaine Carter against the decision to not opt out? It seemed that way. I thought he recently said something about trying to prove it this year and having a bigger role. You can’t do that if you’re sitting at home on in a condo on an island using covid as the excuse to not show up for workouts. 

Hes the panthers troll/memer on the team.