• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Intrigued by Fields

ncfan

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rhule/Brady put Teddy in so many situations to win the game and he didnt come through.  Thats on Teddy not them.

Fields slow progression reads, pocket awareness and long delivery are what is being pointed out as to why he is "dropping".    All the athletic ability in the world means nothing if you cannot read a defense or get past your first read.   Chris simms does a great breakdown on him on Ryan R podcast on the ringer

You need to watch some games of the player in your avatar if you want to see slow processing and slowWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW release.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or Darnold could be perfectly fine and Fields be awful (or vice versa) but the good one gets beaten to hell behind a sh-tty line that can't protect them.

Not like we've seen that movie before, right?

So if we can’t get a LT at pick 8 we can’t address it at all? This happens to be a very deep draft for that position. Fields at 8 and Radunz at 39. Our line was middle of the pack last year with Teddy in the pocket. Darnold and Fields can avoid pressure better than Teddy plus throw in a player like Radunz at LT and your line isn’t terrible. We can even draft another G in the 3rd. 
What happens if Sewell and Slater are gone before 8? 

Do you think Murray had an elite line in Arizona when he was drafted? Herbert had the worst in the league. The line is very important, but it doesn’t triumph the importance of finding the right guy to play QB. I don’t understand the whole we can’t draft a QB until we have a top line in the league issue. 

• Pie 3

Slater's arm length - 33in

Jordan Gross' arm length - 33.25in

Sewell's arm length - 33.25in

They all have/had short arms for the position. This draft doesn't have an ultimate perfect LT as far as measurements are concerned, but they can still have great careers.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I'd ideally like a LT around 6'8" with a 36 inch arm length.

Slater is 6'3" with a 33 inch arm length. A little risky for LT.

I tend to prefer my LT to be around 7'3", over 375 lbs and usually at least 42" arm length. I do like at least a 12" hand, as well. 

It helps a lot for picking up DE's by the scruff of their neck and then tossing them at a DT.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I tend to prefer my LT to be around 7'3", over 375 lbs and usually at least 42" arm length. I do like at least a 12" hand, as well. 

It helps a lot for picking up DE's by the scruff of their neck and then tossing them at a DT.

los angeles lakers nba GIF

Well someone comes to mind.

• The D 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hulk Smash?

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

This is no where near a Farve/Rodgers situation and Manning was out the door. 

The situation wasn’t the point. The point was to not settle for one guy and always being diligent in finding the next. 

I guess technically Grier was this type of move but was dumb.

55 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The situation wasn’t the point. The point was to not settle for one guy and always being diligent in finding the next. 

I guess technically Grier was this type of move but was dumb.

Sam Darnold is the guy your referencing. Teddy is the other