• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB's taken in the drafts and ranked last 20 years.

Watson, Mahomes, Murray, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Mayfield, and Stafford are all active young (aside from Stafford) early first round picks with Jackson and Rodgers being later in the first. It’s like all the good QBs aside from Dak, Russ, and Brady. Matt Ryan was also a top pick, but I hate him.

Now show me a list of top 3 picks who struggle their first 3 years, get traded and become franchise QBs.

• Pie 1

Busts...busts everywhere. Your odds are slim. Granted you've got to have a player at the position, but looking at draft history doesn't inspire confidence in your chances.

How many teams/fan-bases are going to be crushed once they see their "hope of the future" fail miserably on the field after this upcoming draft?

All things considered, I think Darnold's potential upside is the better bet. Build the team around him, and if he fails, it's back to the drawing board.

This is the same discussion from ten years ago. The only difference now is people are choosing to believe things will be different for Darnold. Sam has slightly better odds than a rookie qb but the belief that he can turn his career around here still requires you to look past historical precedent.

Just now, frankw said:

This is the same discussion from ten years ago. The only difference now is people are choosing to believe things will be different for Darnold. Sam has slightly better odds than a rookie qb but the belief that he can turn his career around here still requires you to look past historical precedent.

How does he have better odds than a rookie? A top pick getting traded after 3 bad years has very small odds of becoming a franchise QB?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

How does he have better odds than a rookie? A top pick getting traded after 3 bad years has very small odds of becoming a franchise QB?

Three years in the NFL versus zero. You guys are very argumentative. I'm saying there is a minimal difference in the odds of his success and that of a first round rookie.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Now show me a list of top 3 picks who struggle their first 3 years, get traded and become franchise QBs.

Off the top of my head I can name Steve Young, Drew Brees, Carlson Parmer, Danny Testerverde, Ryan Tannehill, Rob Johnson and Rich Gannon. I'm sure there are others but this is just what I can think of without spending too much time on it.

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Off the top of my head I can name Steve Young, Drew Brees, Carlson Parmer, Danny Testerverde, Ryan Tannehill, Rob Johnson and Rich Gannon. I'm sure there are others but this is just what I can think of without spending too much time on it.

Steve Young started for 3 years played poorly and was traded to a new team and found success? Brees and Palmer played well for their previous teams the injury got Brees traded. Tannehill was average with Miami before being traded/signed. Gannon was with the Vikings for 6 years before becoming a journeyman and landing with the Raiders after several teams in between. Don’t know about Johnson or Testeverde??? Is that what we are aiming for? 

25 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Young was a 1st pick in the cfl/usfl supplemental draft...Brees was a 2nd rounder who went 11-4 his 3rd year... Palmer goes 11-5 and throws 3836 and 32/12 in his second year...Vinny had 3 years of being over .500 in his career...Tanny was pick 8... Rob Johnson was a 4th and never more than a back up talent...Gannon was a 4th rounder as well. 

Your facts are straight caca mate. And Rob Johnson a franchise qb? Maybe Doug Williams was too. Or Jeff Hosteller (sp?). Next it will Foles right? That was a very bad post bruh

1 minute ago, Missouri Cat Fan said:

Young was a 1st pick in the cfl/usfl supplemental draft...Brees was a 2nd rounder who went 11-4 his 3rd year... Palmer goes 11-5 and throws 3836 and 32/12 in his second year...Vinny had 3 years of being over .500 in his career...Tanny was pick 8... Rob Johnson was a 4th and never more than a back up talent...Gannon was a 4th rounder as well. 

Your facts are straight caca mate. And Rob Johnson a franchise qb? Maybe Doug Williams was too. Or Jeff Hosteller (sp?). Next it will Foles right? That was a very bad post bruh

Haha yeah it was bad. It’s like it has never happened before so he just started naming random QBs “off the top of his head”

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1