• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting quote on Sam Darnold from the Athletic article grading all QB’s in this draft class

WarPanthers89

3 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

if you look at our 2nd round draft history you will see more misses than hits. I’ll risk that for a chance to get a 23 year old who could be your answer at QB. 

Yes our draft history in the second round hasn't been stellar but this is a whole new regime and comparing their choices to the past is unfair.

YGM and Chinn seem to be good picks for Rhule in his first year.  Let's see how Fitterer does over the next couple of years before we evaluate his 2nd round picks. 

• Pie 6

I think what is happening now is that people are starting to realize that this draft class isnt as good as perhaps we once thought earlier in the year.  Outside of Trevor these dudes all have some pretty substantial question marks.   Granted the big question on Darnold when he came out was if he could clean up the turnovers and I do think that is something that can be at least tighten up with good coaching

Can Wilson stay healthy and be able to adjust to NFL speed (I think so)

Can Mac win despite his average arm and lack of mobility (Probably to a degree)

Can Fields learn how to play faster and make quicker progressions (I honestly have no idea) total enigma

Can Lance overcome the lack of reps, starts and throws to be a nfl starter (analytics say probably not)

So I am staying with my prediction that one if not 2 qb's take a hard fall on thursday

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Unless you acknowledge that acquiring a quality qb who can be successful in the NFL is something that is in no small part a crapshoot, a fact which all available evidence points strongly to. QB's careers can be derailed or helped by the situation they find themselves in, and teams can make educated guesses to improve their odds, but history shows there is a large element of luck in whether any one prospect pans out. So in the end we won't really have been finessed by the Jets, because no matter what happens, Darnold was still a highly touted prospect obviously stuck in a dysfunctional franchise, and the trade cost of acquiring him while he is still young and very much a viable candidate to become a franchise qb was far less than the typical cost to acquire such a prospect, so even if he doesn't pan out, it was worth the shot.

The jets were morons for running him out there as a 20 year old.   

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The jets were morons for running him out there as a 20 year old.   

History is on our side. The Jets have had decades of making stupid decisions. I could easily see this working out from an unbiased perspective and social media and the internet bashing the Jets for another failure.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Unless you acknowledge that acquiring a quality qb who can be successful in the NFL is something that is in no small part a crapshoot, a fact which all available evidence points strongly to. QB's careers can be derailed or helped by the situation they find themselves in, and teams can make educated guesses to improve their odds, but history shows there is a large element of luck in whether any one prospect pans out. So in the end we won't really have been finessed by the Jets, because no matter what happens, Darnold was still a highly touted prospect obviously stuck in a dysfunctional franchise, and the trade cost of acquiring him while he is still young and very much a viable candidate to become a franchise qb was far less than the typical cost to acquire such a prospect, so even if he doesn't pan out, it was worth the shot.

Only thing going for the kid,he is young. 

If Belichick was his coach he would still throw more picks than TDs like he did last year. 

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

History is on our side. The Jets have had decades of making stupid decisions. I could easily see this working out from an unbiased perspective and social media and the internet bashing the Jets for another failure.

Or we become the new Jets, the team always outsmarting themselves. History says they'll take a Mac Jones type of a player but I had Z.Wilson as a bust so all's well...

• Poo 2