• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer also has us taking Fields, believes Tepper is pushing for it.

GoobyPls

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm not buying it.  If Tepper wanted to make sure he got his QB he would have traded up to the 3rd pick (outbid SF) and ensured he got the best of the three remaining.

Tepper hasn't been outspoken about what he wants and I can't see how Breer got the inside scoop. 

Click Bait if you ask me. 

We called and asked about #3. We deemed the price too high as understandly so.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

As much as I want Horn, I think I’d rather see Fields drop to 8 so I can see what happens.

Does Rhule get the trade done and submitted before Tepper drafts Fields...

I hope Rhule has BB on speed dial

Do you think Rhule doesn’t want anything to do with Fields? 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I post on the huddle.  I'm going to talk as if David Tepper himself is sitting right here beside me.  

Riiiiight 😕

Good luck with that.

You could turn out to be right, but personally I'm more interested in talking football than trying to be Miss Cleo.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

As much as I want Horn, I think I’d rather see Fields drop to 8 so I can see what happens.

Does Rhule get the trade done and submitted before Tepper drafts Fields...

I hope Rhule has BB on speed dial

I want Fields there just to give us the option. We could take him. We could trade down. Or we could take someone else. But the more options the better and one of the top QB prospects being there should get the phone ringing. I'd be pissed if we jumped on Horn early in the clock if Fields is there. If we aren't taking a QB and the phone is ringing we should at least hear what they have to offer.

They're just over Teddy y'all. The minute it looked like their top QBs were accounted for they moved to replace him with another low cost stop gap QB with potential. That simple. 

Only question now: is Fields so much better than Darnold that he's worth us using a high pick?

• Pie 1

Just now, MechaZain said:

They're just over Teddy y'all. The minute it looked like their top QBs were accounted for they moved to replace him with another low cost stop gap QB with potential. That simple. 

Only question now: is Fields so much better than Darnold that he's worth us using a high pick?

This is where I'm at.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Am I making predictions or am I talking about what I think we should do?

Think about that for a minute.

Guys here are making a lot of bold statements as if they know what the front office is thinking.

They don't.

That’s what most of the other people in here are saying also.  They are not saying what the team will do but what they think the team should do.

Would you take Trevor with Darnold already on the team? 
Would you take Trevor or Wilson with Darnold already on the team?  
Would you take Trevor, Wilson, or Fields with Darnold already on the team? 
Would you take Trevor, Wilson, Lance, or Fields with Darnold already on the team? 

My guess is you might do the first 2.  I would probably do the first 3.  Some others would probably do the first 4 options.

A lot of us are saying the same thing, we just have different thresholds where we change our mind.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

See what above?

The Jets wanted to do all of their draft prospect evaluations before deciding whether to trade Darnold or not. We patiently gave them time to do it while also exploring other options and deciding that none of them were worth it. Then ended up actually finalizing the terms of the trade at Justin Fields pro day.

How you take that as proof that they weren't really that interested in him is beyond me. There's no logic to that at all.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I want Fields there just to give us the option. We could take him. We could trade down. Or we could take someone else. But the more options the better and one of the top QB prospects being there should get the phone ringing. I'd be pissed if we jumped on Horn early in the clock if Fields is there. If we aren't taking a QB and the phone is ringing we should at least hear what they have to offer.

It’ll be interesting. 

They won’t jump the gun and take Horn without listening to offers. I’m confident in that.

What is the floor pick wise you’d want in return to fall back from 8 to 15?

17 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This is how I feel about it.

If you think Watson was a realistic plan A you are living in a fantasy world. You can't trade for someone that wasn't being offered for trade. Thanks to the legal mess, it doesn't appear as if we'll know how things would have turned out between the Texans and Watson.

If/When they pick up Darnold's option, he won't be a one year rental.

Completely forgot about them being interested in Haskins. Maybe we shouldn't trust them to pick a QB at all.

It doesn’t matter if it was realistic, a vet QB was their first choice if available.

Also, it is now being reported that the Texans were planning to deal Watson this week and had lined up 8 teams for a bidding war.

Of course, that plan fell through weeks ago.