• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots "talked" to Falcons about trading for #4 pick (Fields)

TheWiz

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If they're talking about potentially jumping up that high I'm not liking our chances at #8.

Didn’t they also talk to us about #8? In all honestly, it makes me think that neither of us will get what we are hoping for. I want LT, I know you are in the QB camp. But I really think we might be considering CB with the first pick. 

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

There’s still a small part of me that thinks maybe the 49ers have been so hush about taking Fields because they didn’t want the Jets to second guess their decision. 

I know many have said they're taking Jones, but damn that screams Fields or Lance.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Didn’t they also talk to us about #8? In all honestly, it makes me think that neither of us will get what we are hoping for. I want LT, I know you are in the QB camp. But I really think we might be considering CB with the first pick. 

I think they were thinking about us initially... but that trade with Denver told NE that we're seriously in the market to draft a QB if he falls to us. Sam, PJ, and Will dont strike us as a strong QB room. I think that Fields/ Lance are two guys that we like... but even Mac Jones could get drafted by us at 8 depending on how things fell.

25 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

There’s still a small part of me that thinks maybe the 49ers have been so hush about taking Fields because they didn’t want the Jets to second guess their decision. 

I actually completely agree with this. It makes sense. 

Or the 9ers really are that dumb and traded up for Mac Jones

16 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

I think they were thinking about us initially... but that trade with Denver told NE that we're seriously in the market to draft a QB if he falls to us. Sam, PJ, and Will dont strike us as a strong QB room. I think that Fields/ Lance are two guys that we like... but even Mac Jones could get drafted by us at 8 depending on how things fell.

I don’t think losing Teddy makes us look all that much weaker at QB. We may well take a QB or LT but my gut tells me Horn is our guy right now 

30 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Been thinking it for a while. 9ers spread fud to throw Jets off Fields and “leak” that they’re taking Mac Jones.