• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Players drop all the time.  Long list of guys in the first round too where that was proven  to be a massive mistake by teams letting them drop. 

don’t reply if you don’t want to be quoted.  Internet ain’t that hard boss. 

Man, I appreciate you thinking I'm a boss. 

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So...Horn started what? 30 games. And had 1 bad game against the Heisman Trophy  winner. 

It is a passing league. Hence, it is a defend the pass league. We just got a guy who excels at defending the pass.

We had 1 1st round pick. Does it matter where we picked, as long as we got a top talent? 

It matters a bunch when you pick in the top 10. Many would argue we didn't even get the most proven CB. Not to mention we probably passed on a pretty good QB, LT and WR. I don't like the pick. Do I think he will bust no... But do I think he will change the game like a good QB could nope...

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Snake said:

It matters a bunch when you pick in the top 10. Many would argue we didn't even get the most proven CB. Not to mention we probably passed on a pretty good QB, LT and WR. I don't like the pick. Do I think he will bust no... But do I think he will change the game like a good QB could nope...

The real problem is he was the first defensive player in the draft selected. He needs to be the best overall defensive player to live up to the pick.

• Pie 1

Just now, Horny said:

The real problem is he was the first defensive player in the draft selected. He needs to be the best overall defensive player to live up to the pick.

Well there's a reason it took till 8 to draft defense. Because its pretty weak this year overall. I have yet to understand though with 8 picks in two years we have yet to take any offense.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

We got the top rated CB. 

We passed on the 3rd or 4th best QB.

We passed on lots of good talent. What does that matter?

We got the best player at his position. A position of great need in this passing league. We were not going to get that return on any other position. 

3 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

that strategy worked well for the broncos in the super bowl against us

I've generally found the best way to win games is to have your offense score points while your defense keeps the other team from scoring points 😐

(special teams can also help out in both directions)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I've generally found the best way to win games is to have your offense score points while your defense keeps the other team from scoring points 😐

(special teams can also help out in both directions)

Well, technically the best way to win a Super Bowl is to have a Manning on his ride into the sunset last game.

• Pie 2

Bottom line for me: Didn't get the  guy I wanted (oh, so close) but we did stick to our draft board, made what I think will be a good pick and shored up a position of need. I'm good with that.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Varking said:

Okudah was better in college and played this year hurt. When Okudah was in college his last year he dominated across the board on every teams number one, got interceptions, sacks, and didn’t commit a single penalty which is insane for a corner.

Horn held lots of guys to low yardage totals though so he has that going for him. But I believe part of that is everyone knowing you can abuse their #2 corners every play. 

Okudah
image.png.63601d2645022b894f12e08fd7ef343f.png

Horn
image.png.cf0ff449da51b74b1c322996f957713c.png

Jaycee had more solo tackles, tackle assists, sacks, pass deflections, and forced fumbles while having only one less pick than Okudah (who had 5 more games thanks to not dealing with COVID). Okudah had a single sack and three interceptions his senior season.

Okudah's senior regular season opponents: Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, Indiana, Miami (OH), Nebraska, Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Michigan,. His toughest match ups during the regular season were Quintez Cephus, KJ Hamler, and Donovan Peoples-Jones.

Meanwhile, Jaycee Horn played against Tennessee, Florida, Vandy, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Missouri, Georgia, and Kentucky during his senior season which put him up against Kyle Pitts, Kadarius Toney, Terrace Marshall Jr, Elijah Moore, Jaylen Waddle, and DeVonta Smith.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1