• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Context was MoveTheSticks said Carolina was debating between two players as the Panthers were on the clock.  Fields and Horn.  And they had Fields as their 2nd rated QB in this draft. 

What Voth, Rhule and Fitterer have said since doesn't necessarily fit that narrative.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Plenty of folks all over tv today claimed that if Fields drops, it is because of his release motion. It is more than twice as long as Trevor and Wilson. So he was not the overwhelming talent you claim.

You don't want anything but QB, how did that work out for you? We got an A+ talent. And it isn't good enough for way too many Huddlers.

You can find a TV personality selling every narrative under the sun lol. 

Fields went undefeated in the regular season over 2 seasons....in a power 5 conference....and outshined Lawrence head to head.   Was drafted 12th.  Pretty sure he is the talent most think he is.   But you and Chris Simms have at it. 

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

FFS MTS...Bucky Brooks has a horrendous track record...

I didn't see that specific clip. It's possible he was just discussing what he thought was going on. Don't know.

Rhule and Fitterer did answer some questions tonight where they basically indicated they were committed to Darnold.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Fields went undefeated in the regular season over 2 seasons....in a power 5 conference....and outshined Lawrence head to head.   Was drafted 12th.  Pretty sure he is the talent most think he is.   But you and Chris Simms have at it. 

That's not a narrative that's a release motion. What I hate for Fields is that he went to fugin Chicago, also the same GM that drafted Mitch Trubisky over better QBs than anyone in this draft and moved up to do it...

1 minute ago, CRA said:

So...you use " MoveTheSticks", but I can't use 15 guys arguing the draft that were iffy on Fields? Ok then.

Once Fields throwing motion made the rounds folks started souring on him.

I'm done. You're mad at the QB room. I ain't wasting any more time on this. So sorry we didn't make you happy by taking the 3rd or 4th best QB. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Opponents had a 71% completion rate outside the numbers in 2020.  Last in the league.  They got off the field 31st in the league, allowing opponents and average of over 13 possessions per game, to their own 11 possessions per game. '

Yeah.  We needed a CB1 MORE than a T.

I honestly don't give a fug about all that. 

As I've constantly said, the Draft is about loading up on talent. FA is about filling holes on your roster. My nightmare is taking say a good OT / QB cos you NEED one when there's an All-Pro CB / OG sat there at your pick.

I'm absolutely giving Rhule the benefit of the doubt here - the 2020 Draft was the best we've had since Seifert was here. I'll dive into the tape tomorrow morning (I've never seen him play).

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

That's not a narrative that's a release motion. What I hate for Fields is that he went to fugin Chicago, also the same GM that drafted Mitch Trubisky over better QBs than anyone in this draft and moved up to do it...

and his release motion allowed him to be the overall most accurate QB in this draft who rarely turned it over.....

think the Bears learned a lesson after overthinking the obvious when it comes to QBs.   Fields is the Watson of this draft.   

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Context was MoveTheSticks said Carolina was debating between two players as the Panthers were on the clock.  Fields and Horn.  And they had Fields as their 2nd rated QB in this draft. 

Literally zero chance that's true.

Or there's a Grand Canyon sized gap between their evaluation of Lawrence and Fields. You don't pass up a CB, no matter how good he is, if you think there's a franchise QB at your pick.