• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love Jaycee Horn and he was third on my board, but...

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, frankw said:

People here will be blaming Hurney years for now just as they did with Gettleman. Only homers are giving out free passes to the current staff like candy.

Our current braintrust has existed since about January 14th.

The roster they're putting together isn't even finished yet, and obviously has yet to see the field.

How exactly should we judge them at this point?

54 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Panthers are placing their eggs in the Sam Darnold is the future basket. Which is just awful.

If the guy is nowhere near starter material you’ve essentially just washed your whole season.

And you lot swear how talent for QB can be had just about anywhere in the draft, right? A 2nd and 4th effectively leaves this team with like 3 draft picks next year. Yeah, that’s a mortgaged future if I ever saw one.

But we've already seen that he's a starting NFL QB.

Statistically he hasn't ranked well, but the Jets are also 0-10 without him, so he clearly wasn't the sole problem with that franchise. 

Evidently the Front Office didn't think Fields was a significant upgrade on Darnold, if at all. Until they prove us wrong I'm ok rolling with their evaluations. 

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I've never seen it confirmed that it was Hurney's move.

What i have heard and asked repeatedly was Rhule and Brady telling every play-by-play guy game in and game out last season that Brady has an existing relationship with Teddy and said if he got the chance to be an OC in the NFL that Teddy was the guy he wanted as his QB.

Since it didn't pan out and Hurney was let go, all of a sudden it's become some sort of revisionist fact that it was all Hurney's doing and I haven't heard any official account confirm that.

I have no narrative.  You have the wrong guy.  I want facts.  I want to know for certain who did what and why, and if I know that, I can't dispute it.  I dont give a poo about Hurney, and I've said numerous times that Rhule appears to be a great talent evaluator and developer as a coach, with the one caveat being, if Teddy was his guy and his decision, then evaluation of QBs appears to be a problem.

Bridgewater was absolutely a Brady / Rhule move. Brady had worked with him previously and obviously liked him for his system and Rhule had been told by Parcells to take a look at Bridgewater if he ever got to coach in the NFL.

I will poo on Hurney until the cows come home, but he had no input in the construction of the team last year.

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

For no reason?

You and others carry over this false narrative you have convinced yourselves of by connecting dots (which many of you are awful at by the way) into a lot of threads. 

For example, the Darnold move was immediately met on this board with “well Rhule also thought Teddy was the answer so blah blah blah he must suck”. I’m also not saying this directly to you but many here have given Rhule a few strikes for crap that isn’t on him.

A lot of people can’t wrap their minds around this year actually being year 1 (kind of) because some of that stuff. There’s a lot of false information that gets spread by a certain few “insiders” that doesn’t do this fan base any good

Dude you were the conductor for teh Teddy Train last year and made some absolutely brain dead takes about his play. Have some god damned dignity.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The roster they're putting together isn't even finished yet, and obviously has yet to see the field.

Scot, you said the F.O wasn’t the same lol and now you’re shifting goalposts. Pick a narrative and stick with it.

1 minute ago, rico6 said:

Dude you were the conductor for teh Teddy Train last year and made some absolutely brain dead takes about his play. Have some god damned dignity.

Alright well you guys believe what you want. Seems to be working out well for a lot of you.

Keep me posted on any other scoopz you come up with, I enjoy finding out inside information on this site. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do you honestly believe the owner paid a head coach 100 million dollars whom he personally flew out to his home to convince him to coach the team only to hand the keys to said new head coaches success to... Marty Hurney? I mean hey at one point you me and everyone else bought into the fools gold of Ron Rivera so if you want to act like someone new is infallible that's up to you. I'm giving Rhule time but I'm not burying my head in the sand too.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Alright well you guys believe what you want. Seems to be working out well for a lot of you.

Keep me posted on any other scoopz you come up with, I enjoy finding out inside information on this site. 

Concession accepted

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

For no reason?

You and others carry over this false narrative you have convinced yourselves of by connecting dots (which many of you are awful at by the way) into a lot of threads. 

For example, the Darnold move was immediately met on this board with “well Rhule also thought Teddy was the answer so blah blah blah he must suck”. I’m also not saying this directly to you but many here have given Rhule a few strikes for crap that isn’t on him.

A lot of people can’t wrap their minds around this year actually being year 1 (kind of) because some of that stuff. There’s a lot of false information that gets spread by a certain few “insiders” that doesn’t do this fan base any good

Well, if others don't know what you do, maybe you should share it instead of getting into condescending mudslinging and basement-dwelling insults.

While Scot just told me what Zack shared - who has always been as plugged in as anyone we've had here - I was not wrong in connecting the dots that were shown to us publicly.

I can't dispute or deny what Zack heard, but I have to maintain that publicly, Rhule and Brady went above and beyond to let it be known Teddy was "their" guy.  So, now that I know Marty had more of a hand in it than I realized, it doesn't completely absolve them from shared responsibility in it.  As Scot offered in his above reply to me, it's fair to assume they had a big hand in it, but Marty apparently was the driving force in making it happen.  And also, now that I know that tidbit, he was a much bigger idiot than even I gave him credit for.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Well, if others don't know what you do, maybe you should share it instead of getting into condescending mudslinging and basement-dwelling insults.

While Scot just told me what Zack shared - who has always been as plugged in as anyone we've had here - I was not wrong in connecting the dots that were shown to us publicly.

I can't dispute or deny what Zack heard, but I have to maintain that publicly, Rhule and Brady went above and beyond to let it be known Teddy was "their" guy.  So, now that I know Marty had more of a hand in it than I realized, it doesn't completely absolve them from shared responsibility in it.  As Scot offered in his above reply to me, it's fair to assume they had a big hand in it, but Marty apparently was the driving force in making it happen.  And also, now that I know that tidbit, he was a much bigger idiot than even I gave him credit for.

I assumed you were well aware of what Zack had shared in the past. If not then yah that’s my bad and I apologize 

17 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Scot, you said the F.O wasn’t the same lol and now you’re shifting goalposts. Pick a narrative and stick with it.

In both posts, I said the braintrust is new and we don't know how good they are yet. Not sure where the confusion is.

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Do you honestly believe the owner paid a head coach 100 million dollars whom he personally flew out to his home to convince him to coach the team only to hand the keys to said new head coaches success to... Marty Hurney? I mean hey at one point you me and everyone else bought into the fools gold of Ron Rivera so if you want to act like someone new is infallible that's up to you. I'm giving Rhule time but I'm not burying my head in the sand too.

Given that he didn't fire Marty Hurney immediately, I'd have to say yes, he wanted them to work together.

Thankfully, he saw that wasn't going to work. Guys like Bridgewater and Greg Little probably played a big role in that.