• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trend in Rhule's Draft Picks

XClown1986

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Fields isn't a freak athlete?

I think he meant the rumor that we were intrigued by him.

I think second on Rhule's wishlist is the player having a passion and attitude for the game and preparation for it. That was Fields' biggest question mark.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fields isn't a freak athlete?

I guess I’m thinking that Rhule and co want guys with the rare tools to play their position.

I like Fields, but maybe they didn’t like his particular ‘toolset’ (physical or mental) or didn’t think it was much better than what Darnold had. 

Just guessing here.

I mean, why on earth was he passed over for Trey Lance? Why is Denver staying with Teddy? Maybe teams were overthinking Fields, or maybe there was something us fans didn’t see.

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I guess I’m thinking that Rhule and co want guys with the rare tools to play their position.

I like Fields, but maybe they didn’t like his particular ‘toolset’ (physical or mental) or didn’t think it was much better than what Darnold had. 

Just guessing here.

I mean, why on earth was he passed over for Trey Lance? Why is Denver staying with Teddy? Maybe teams were overthinking Fields, or maybe there was something us fans didn’t see.

I'm honestly not the person to ask why so many teams passed on Fields. I don't know either.

It's possible we'll learn they were wrong. It's possible we'll learn they were right. Guess we'll see in a few years.

Do think going to Chicago might skew things a little bit.

Edited by Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

When I watch him and ignore where players are ranked....first rounder all day. I feel like Texas players get no hype nowadays

I think he is our second round pick. Rhule likes ability and thinks he can coach them up. His history says he can.

People talk about selecting defensive players forget how bad our defense was. Rhule didn't come into a ready made job. He came into a situation where there were holes everywhere needing to be fixed. It was a 2 to 3 year fix not draft a few guys and make the playoffs.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

When I watch him and ignore where players are ranked....first rounder all day. I feel like Texas players get no hype nowadays

I've only briefly watched him, but I wasn't particularly impressed. Seems to get ragdolled a little bit. 

3 hours ago, joemac said:

Seems like Rhule is a big fan of these ratings.  Also he is a big fan of drafting defensive players.  8 draft picks - 8 defenders thus far.  Although I'm pretty confident that either Round 2 or 3 will bring us O-Line help.

Analytics guys, analytics. Even if our players don't turn out to be good football players, at least we can compete in the Olympics!