• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ has had a great career. Now is time...

Zod

There is a reason most teams had Smith off their boards completely and lesser prospects like Cole Van Lanen, Royce Newman, Larry Borom went ahead of him. I'm surprised nobody seems interested in looking in to why

In the end we got a guard with an identical prospect grade.

Think a little and stop looking at mock drafts as your only source of knowledge on these players.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 3

4 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

If I recall JJ wanted to retire at the end of the season but I think was convinced to come back for one more year.

If JJ wants to retire, then this move makes sense. I don't remember hearing that. But, I easily could've missed it. 

9 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

don't care if they wanted him or not.

dude was top 5 to 10 in every pre draft IOL rankings.

was a steal in the 6th for the team that got him.

Also has serious medical red flags that go with him. Blood clots in your lungs are a pretty big deal, especially when there's no in person pre draft visits where your own medical team can clear him. You're taking a massive gamble on a player that could walk away from the game at any time or worse. 

The Panthers along with every single team in the league, including the one that did eventually draft him all felt the same way. 

We obviously are comfortable in the group of guards we took, including the one we drafted over him, heading into camp.

Here is the real deal without the hilarity displayed in my previous post.  Long snappers are also gunners on punts. 

At 35, it is fair to say JJ is losing a step. His snaps have been great, but there is more to it.

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story/sports/2021/05/01/thomas-fletcher-nfl-draft-2021-carolina-panthers-alabama-football-long-snapper/7294552002/

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1