• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Study: GREAT FIT: Why Sam Darnold will be a great Quarterback for the Carolina Panthers.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Vincent Richardson, one of the Roaring Riot guys, is from "across the pond".

He's a damn smart football guy too.

His podcast appearance on One day contract is damn good. He breaks down all of our picks.  He doesnt really poo on them per se but he def says temper expectations especially with Christenson

• Beer 1

I'll be patient with judging Sam for at least 8 games.  He was very unpolished as a QB coming out of college and the coaching staff with NYJ weren't known as "teachers".

I like that Rhule emphasizes teaching the basics and he can re-learn some of his basic reads and footwork.  

If he can cut his turnovers ~30%, he will be successful.   I'm cautiously optimistic.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some my old teammates used to have accents too.

(I grew up in West Virginia) 😐

Lol.  We have a lot to thank West Virginia for...one of our greatest coaches, John McKay, was born and raised in WV.  He was the coach when I was at USC, he and Bear Bryant were close friends.....I remember that 1970 game in Birmingham vs Alabama very well, we were so afraid the residents would attempt to harm our black players - our QB and almost the entire backfield were black.

The opposite happened, then I had the great pleasure of seeing coach Bryant across the stadium in the Coliseum in 1971.

It's all on Sam  Darnold now and we'll see if he can throw deep with accuracy and touch like the critics say he can!  However, we need to make sure he has a decent OL and will not have to run for his life the way he did with the Jets.

I can see this matchup working out for  Darnold, the team and Joe Brady since he has a better QB for his play calling.

Let's remember though, this will be the first year Darnold has had a legitimate QB coach his entire career, going back to his two USC years.

Edited by KatsAzz

9 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Lol.  We have a lot to thank West Virginia for...one of our greatest coaches, John McKay, was born and raised in WV.  He was the coach when I was at USC, he and Bear Bryant were close friends.....I remember that 1970 game in Birmingham vs Alabama very well, we were so afraid the residents would attempt to harm our black players - our QB and almost the entire backfield were black.

The opposite happened, then I had the great pleasure of seeing coach Bryant across the stadium in the Coliseum in 1971.

McKay had some of the greatest quotes when he was coaching the Buccaneers 😄

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

McKay had some of the greatest quotes when he was coaching the Buccaneers 😄

Per his sons, he immediately regretted leaving USC for the NFL for the rest of his life.  The L.A. media loved him, he would hold court at Julie’s - he had his own table, drink in hand, entertaining the beat reporters.

His dying wish was for his ashes to be spread over the field of the Coliseum, it wasn’t legal, but USC made sure his wife Corky fulfilled his wish. That is why the Coliseum is hallowed ground.  

10 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

This remains my favorite game because there was plenty of Sam to Robbie in this game which I think we will see real soon here.

Of course, we will hopefully also see Sam to DJ, Sam to Arnold, and Sam to McCaffrey.   🙂

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2