• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DaQuan Jones on The Golden Calf of Bristol

Smithers

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Sounds crazy, but I think Timmy will be alright, his problem wasn't that he wasn't worth a roster spot, its that he refused to switch positions which made him expendable. if he stays at TE (which is where he should been all along), hell be alright.

he hasn't touched a football field in 8 years.   And he has never played TE.  That isn't going to work. 

I fully believe Urban is going to take Trevor off the field and insert The Golden Calf of Bristol short yardage package on offense.    Which is stupid, yet predictable. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Ouch

I think that matters at a certain level of ability the star and superstar players get by on their elite abilities. But the further down the ladder you go in abilities, the pool gets larger and larger. At that point, since the differences are much smaller, things like those connections mean a lot more. 

And, that happens in just about every professional sport. The NBA being a good example. You think the roster fodder guys are that much different than the guys tearing it up overseas or in the D-League?

That's why JAGS are able to stick around specific rosters for a while(ours especially). 

• Beer 1

Kind of hard to assess his ability when no one has seen him take a snap at TE yet. We can infer all we want but it doesn’t make anything definitive. Persona plays a role for sure but people are making more out of this than it needs to be. 

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt it. But I fully expect looks with both of them in the backfield.

Nothing about it works IMO.   Nothing about it makes any sense. 

Urban remains a horrible hire and it will predictably end horribly.   I firmly believe what Urban will do is get Tim into the endzone.....and then people will act like that is something.

The Golden Calf of Bristol isn't a TE.  The Golden Calf of Bristol isn't a RB.   He isn't even in the ballpark in terms of being an actual RB as the Jags #3 tailback.   The Golden Calf of Bristol only works as a wildcat QB and even that is debatable at this stage.   Urban just can't come out and say that.    So the talk is well, maybe we will have him play something else. 

In a max of 3 years, Urban will have to go take time off from football to see about his health.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Nothing about it works IMO.   Nothing about it makes any sense. 

Urban remains a horrible hire and it will predictably end horribly.   I firmly believe what Urban will do is get Tim into the endzone.....and then people will act like that is something.

The Golden Calf of Bristol isn't a TE.  The Golden Calf of Bristol isn't a RB.   He isn't even in the ballpark in terms of being an actual RB as the Jags #3 tailback. 

In a max of 3 years, Urban will have to go take time off from football to see about his health.   

Yeah, it is hilarious to see the Jags hire a dude that was known to bolt when things got stressful(or rather the NCAA heat got too much). 

This is the Saban hire all over again. He may well quit during the season.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it is hilarious to see the Jags hire a dude that was known to bolt when things got stressful(or rather the NCAA heat got too much). 

This is the Saban hire all over again. He may well quit during the season.

Saban didn't quit midseason, did he?

I know Bobby Petrino did.

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There were other teams (including the Saints) that expressed interest in The Golden Calf of Bristol in a role that wasn't a traditional QB, whether that was as a TE or a Taysom Hill type role. He just wasn't interested until his baseball career busted

fixed

• Flames 1