• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets at Panthers Week 1 let's goooooo

Zod

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I feel like a loss will be a really really bad sign for the rest of the season for the Panthers.

Week 1 is probably the worst week to draw conclusions from. Teams work on Week 1 all of training camp. I'd give it until at least week 4 or 5 before you start full on panicking.

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

I wouldn't discount Saleh's influence so quickly. He's a defensive mastermind who believes in pressuring the QB into making bad decisions. Darnold better be ready with the hot reads or it could get ugly for him, painfully ugly. I see CMC and whoever is starting at TE having a major impact. 

We got this.

Christian McCaffrey's leap reminds he's a dynamic weapon - NFC South- ESPN

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Week one rookie vs. possible shell shocked bust. If this isn't an absolute blitz fest from both teams I'd be shocked.

shell shocked?

How did Sam Darnold turn into David Carr all of a sudden?

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

shell shocked?

How did Sam Darnold turn into David Carr all of a sudden?

He hasn't proven he's not. His career in NY resembled Carr's in Houston. Carr never bounced back. I'll believe Darnold will when it actually happens. History says it almost certainly won't. It's not what Panthers fans want to hear, but that's reality.

The exact same things were said about Carr. He has the talent. Houston failed him. It's not his fault. His supporting cast sucked. His OL sucked.  His coaches sucked. All of that was true, but he also still very much sucked outside of Houston.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He hasn't proven he's not. His career in NY resembled Carr's in Houston.

Stopped reading right there because you just showed you did not even compare their stats at all. 

76 (rookie season), 49(3rd season), 68(4th season).   

Those are the number of times Carr was sacked.

Sam Darnold?  30, 32, and 35.

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE of a comparison.

Carr was sacked so many times, it ruined him permanently.

Sam, on the other hand,  still managed to make some plays with his feet and make some throws on the run.

Also, his first 3 seasons (as bad as they were) paled in comparison to Carr's level of  suckitude.

So his outlook is not going to be David Carr as much as you're obviously ROOTING FOR HIM to become like that so you can beat your chest while on top of your soap-box shouting "I told you so" to anyone who gives a sh-t what you say around here.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Stopped reading right there because you just showed you did not even compare their stats at all. 

76 (rookie season), 49(3rd season), 68(4th season).   

Those are the number of times Carr was sacked.

Sam Darnold?  30, 32, and 35.

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE of a comparison.

Carr was sacked so many times, it ruined him permanently.

Sam, on the other hand,  still managed to make some plays with his feet and make some throws on the run so his outlook is not going to be David Carr as much as you're obviously ROOTING FOR HIM to become like that so you can beat your chest while on top of your soap-box shouting "I told you so" to anyone who gives a sh-t what you say around here.

You're right for the wrong reasons. David Carr was put into arguably the worst situation any QB has ever walked into. Sam Darnold walked into a typical highly drafted rookie bad situation. Virtually everyone drafted high in the 1st is walking into a bad situation. Teams don't get high 1st round picks by being in good situations unless someone traded the farm to get there. I hope I'm wrong about Darnold. I hope he's great. I'd love to be wrong. I just doubt I am. There's too much history saying busts rarely recover.

So now you're trying to make excuses for David Carr because you want to be right about Sam Darnold.

Like I said "Beating your chest and yelling 'I told you so' like a little kid".    Pathetic.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

Just now, glenwo2 said:

So now you're trying to make excuses for David Carr because you want to be right about Sam Darnold.

Like I said "Beating your chest and yelling 'I told you so' like a little kid".    Pathetic.

Pathetic is being a fan of a team and then following that team's bust of a former high first round pick to another team because you were high on him.

Go the fug away. The guy busted and you're so butthurt about it that you're still beating your bird chest and following him around hoping to somehow be right because your pride is hurt.

I'll be cheering for Darnold this fall because he's the Panthers' QB. I want what's best the the Panthers even if it means being wrong. You're a butthurt bitch following around a bust of a QB because you're butthurt. Pathetic indeed.

• Poo 1