• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

3 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

When’s it Carolinas turn to open up about Teddy Bridgewater?

Hopefully, Rhule doesn't say anything back. And if he does, just acknowledge and reassure that the coaching staff is moving in the right direction. Pay it no mind and keep focus on Sam.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

They're gonna blame it on Hurney. I would too. But we all know Teddy wouldn't have been here if Rhule and Brady didn't enthusiastically sign off on it.

That's fine and I've already heard that from people inside the org.

The problem is that the Teddy signing doesn't seem like something Hurney would do.  I don't believe it. 

Just like most of the rest of the signings, I believe Teddy was here b/c Joe Brady worked with him in New Orleans.  

This staff signed players they knew.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Lol. A professional but he continues to lay out the excuses on why he can’t hit a wide open WR 5 yards away in the end zone with no pressure in his face.

Hey, I got my big boy underwear on and I’m going to get me that 16 TD season that I’ve been dreaming about.

I don't think he needs excuses. There's years of tape that shows his limitations. It's on our staff for not seeing it. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I don't think he needs excuses. There's years of tape that shows his limitations. It's on our staff for not seeing it. 

Correct.

Hard to blame a guy who played to the same level he's played at his entire career.

Just now, Riv said:

The problem is that the Teddy signing doesn't seem like something Hurney would do.  I don't believe it. 

Of course it is. Everyone else in the building was talking about a five year plan. Hurney was the one on a one year contract needing a borderline miracle to have any hope of getting an extension.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Of course it is. Everyone else in the building was talking about a five year plan. Hurney was the one on a one year contract needing a borderline miracle to have any hope of getting an extension.

Hurney overpaid existing players.  Did he often overpay on the open market?

Joe Brady wanted Teddy because he thought he was legitmately good after they worked together in NO.

13 minutes ago, Riv said:

He might end up being a good coach at some point, but it's clear (to me at least) that he's struggling to keep his head above water at this level.

I’m curious why you think he’s struggling to keep his head above water at this level? I’m not saying this dude will for sure work out but I must be missing something.

16 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Far from the Patriots, we were a team with new HC, OC and DC with very little pro experience.  Very fair criticism and curious if he brought up the need for more practice to coaches.  Maybe, just maybe our coaches/GM hear this.  He is handling it as well as can be expected, plenty to blame on either side.  Panthers did not throw him under the bus and did all they could to retain his value on the marketplace.   For his sake I hope it stays a two qb race in Denver.

You must have lived through a different off-season to me.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The perfect response would simply be something along the lines of, "Teddy worked hard here and gave us the heat he had. He's free to say whatever he wants about his time here. Meanwhile, he threw for more redzone TDs last year as a Panther than he has in any other season in his career."

Ok, I concur, that would be a good way to respond. 👍

15 minutes ago, Riv said:

He might end up being a good coach at some point, but it's clear (to me at least) that he's struggling to keep his head above water at this level.

He's already a fantastic Head Coach, just ask Baylor or Temple.

What, exactly, about his time in Charlotte has made you question him as a Head Coach?

'Cos I saw him lead a ragtag bunch of young kids and washed up vets to 5 wins. If his QB had taken more of the chances they drew up for him who knows how many more wins he'd have had (this coming from someone who's defended Bridgewater all year). 

• Pie 4

21 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Far from the Patriots, we were a team with new HC, OC and DC with very little pro experience.  Very fair criticism and curious if he brought up the need for more practice to coaches.  

during COVID..... a situation no one has ever experienced in the NFL....