Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Hornets make the post season....what lies ahead


Recommended Posts

The Hornets backed into the playoff last night...lost to Denver, but thanks to the Bulls losing, we are in.

3 games left, and all games will be against teams  who will picked to beat us.  

Here's how things look...if the season ended today, Hornets would get the 8th seed.

Here's what it looks like if the post season started today.

playoffbracket0511-784x441.jpg

8. Charlotte Hornets (–)

Charlotte Hornets logoRecord: 33-36
Games Ahead (11th): 4.0
Games Back (6th): 5.0

Last Result: 117-112 L vs. DEN
Next Opponent: vs. LAC on Thursday

 

Tempers ran hot in Charlotte, where coach James Borrego was ejected during his team’s tough home loss to Denver. While the result prevented the Hornets from gaining ground on slumping Boston, it at least clinched a spot in the Play-In Tournament and a shot at their first playoff spot since 2016. They will now battle for seeding with remaining games against the LA Clippers (at home), New York and Washington (both on the road).

 

https://www.nba.com/news/play-in-picture-may-11-2021

Link to post
Share on other sites

What might have been..... Hornets look like they were hitting their stride when Melo, Hayward, Monk and Graham were on fire. Losing Bridges the last week has sucked as well. Injuries have definitely ruined this season.  Also, Hornets should have tried to get a big man instead of Wannamaker.  I see them losing the play in if Hayward doesn't come back.  Hopefully we address the middle of the paint next year. Can't rely on the 3 point shot all the time.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

The Hornets backed into the playoff last night...lost to Denver, but thanks to the Bulls losing, we are in.

3 games left, and all games will be against teams  who will picked to beat us.  

Here's how things look...if the season ended today, Hornets would get the 8th seed.

Here's what it looks like if the post season started today.

playoffbracket0511-784x441.jpg

8. Charlotte Hornets (–)

Charlotte Hornets logoRecord: 33-36
Games Ahead (11th): 4.0
Games Back (6th): 5.0

Last Result: 117-112 L vs. DEN
Next Opponent: vs. LAC on Thursday

 

Tempers ran hot in Charlotte, where coach James Borrego was ejected during his team’s tough home loss to Denver. While the result prevented the Hornets from gaining ground on slumping Boston, it at least clinched a spot in the Play-In Tournament and a shot at their first playoff spot since 2016. They will now battle for seeding with remaining games against the LA Clippers (at home), New York and Washington (both on the road).

 

https://www.nba.com/news/play-in-picture-may-11-2021

So if we get past any play in we get either Philly or the nets

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2021 at 7:16 AM, IceUpSon2001 said:

What might have been..... Hornets look like they were hitting their stride when Melo, Hayward, Monk and Graham were on fire. Losing Bridges the last week has sucked as well. Injuries have definitely ruined this season.  Also, Hornets should have tried to get a big man instead of Wannamaker.  I see them losing the play in if Hayward doesn't come back.  Hopefully we address the middle of the paint next year. Can't rely on the 3 point shot all the time.

Hayward would be the cherry on top but if we got Monk and Bridges, PJ, Zeller, Biz, Carey Jr, Richards, I think we're good especially with Graham back, Rozier. We need Miles though. If Hayward comes back 99-100% and with Melo, we could beat a lot of those top teams, we're deep and don't give up and have multiple 20pt+ capable guys.

Without Gordon, maybe a series win!? I'm good with that. Get a win you get a chance to beat them all if you can ignite what was there earlier in the season. 

These Hornets can sting.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Hayward would be the cherry on top but if we got Monk and Bridges, PJ, Zeller, Biz, Carey Jr, Richards, I think we're good especially with Graham back, Rozier. We need Miles though. If Hayward comes back 99-100% and with Melo, we could beat a lot of those top teams, we're deep and don't give up and have multiple 20pt+ capable guys.

Without Gordon, maybe a series win!? I'm good with that. Get a win you get a chance to beat them all if you can ignite what was there earlier in the season. 

These Hornets can sting.

hayward is done for the year

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

hayward is done for the year

Yup, thus the cherry not being there.

Having Richards, Carey Jr, etc you've got big bodies to throw at Embid. 

Tire the big guy. Use up those fouls. That's how Chicago used their "three headed center" back in the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hornets slipped all the way to the 10th seed. They were in 4th at one point. Injuries can derail a team. I have to ask the question....Should the Hornets look for another coach?  Is it lack of talent or X's and O's?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, rippadonn said:

Yup, thus the cherry not being there.

Having Richards, Carey Jr, etc you've got big bodies to throw at Embid. 

Tire the big guy. Use up those fouls. That's how Chicago used their "three headed center" back in the day.

we wont get to philly

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...