• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron "learning from his mistakes" in Carolina

ladypanther

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Fox like his "cagey old vets".

He had no desire to groom a young QB....ever. any young QB he was put with was against his wishes.

As bad as Rivera was, Fox was worse...but not much worse.

Ron was given a mega talented Franchise QB though and wasted him. To me that's worse. We should've gotten at least 2 Super Bowl victories. 

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I just love how the same people will say how great we were looking before Cam got hurt and give Cam a pass but they won't give Ron the same pass. I like Ron the person, he's a great guy. I think he's a good but not great coach. He can win, as he has demonstrated, if he has the right situation. I don't believe he ever had that in Carolina. I don't feel he ever got to do it "his" way. Most everyone here will say how bad Hurney was, well Ron had Hurney here for most of his time here. The other part was with Gman and we all can see how that's working out at NYG. He said our team got old fast and that's true but how bad were our drafts? During most of his tenure our drafts were bad. Yes, he had Cam. But let's be honest. Outside of Carolina Cam isn't considered and has not been considered a very good QB for most of his career. You can match his good seasons to Ron's. When Cam was bad, Ron didn't win. When Cam was good, Ron won. If Cam had been good every season would Ron have won every season? It's possible. Ron won the lowly NFC East with a great defense and a horrible offense last season and went to the playoffs. It appears he has more say at WFT than he did at Carolina. Before we completely judge Ron Rivera the coach, let's see how the WFT thing plays out. We shouldn't judge him 100% based solely on his time at Carolina because honestly, there were many problems around here during his time here. I'm not certain he was the biggest of those problems but only time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I just love how the same people will say how great we were looking before Cam got hurt and give Cam a pass but they won't give Ron the same pass. I like Ron the person, he's a great guy. I think he's a good but not great coach. He can win, as he has demonstrated, if he has the right situation. I don't believe he ever had that in Carolina. I don't feel he ever got to do it "his" way. Most everyone here will say how bad Hurney was, well Ron had Hurney here for most of his time here. The other part was with Gman and we all can see how that's working out at NYG. He said our team got old fast and that's true but how bad were our drafts? During most of his tenure our drafts were bad. Yes, he had Cam. But let's be honest. Outside of Carolina Cam isn't considered and has not been considered a very good QB for most of his career. You can match his good seasons to Ron's. When Cam was bad, Ron didn't win. When Cam was good, Ron won. If Cam had been good every season would Ron have won every season? It's possible. Ron won the lowly NFC East with a great defense and a horrible offense last season and went to the playoffs. It appears he has more say at WFT than he did at Carolina. Before we completely judge Ron Rivera the coach, let's see how the WFT thing plays out. We shouldn't judge him 100% based solely on his time at Carolina because honestly, there were many problems around here during his time here. I'm not certain he was the biggest of those problems but only time will tell. 

He benched cam for not wearing a tie.

He had it his way.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Broncos said they didn't see anything new from the Panthers during the Super Bowl. 

If that doesn't tell us who Ron is, I don't know what would.

It tells me that ultimately he and fox were the same lame coach.

34 minutes ago, NAS said:

That’s the exception, not the rule

It was more the rule than you realize.

Fox was notorious for not exploiting other teams weaknesses, but the worst was his complete inability or unwillingness to adapt the gameplan when things went south. He was not a good game manager at all...but it could be argued he was better than Rivera. Even with that, they both sucked at that.

• Pie 1