• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mini Camps clips

ncfan

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Butler was picked at 30. Not all players become all stars especially that late. Not saying it was a great pick but not a horrible one either. He was always going to be a NT and when we used him that way he produced. Why we thought he was a UT is another matter to begin with.

It was absolutely a horrible pick to draft another DT in the 1st when we had Star and KK with our other glaring needs. That pick needed to be an absolute home run to be justified, instead it was an absolute dud.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

Butler was picked at 30. Not all players become all stars especially that late. Not saying it was a great pick but not a horrible one either. He was always going to be a NT and when we used him that way he produced. Why we thought he was a UT is another matter to begin with.

He was more suited to be a 3 tech given he wasn't particularly good at anchoring. His strength was his mobility for a big guy not being particularly stout.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was absolutely a horrible pick to draft another DT in the 1st when we had Star and KK with our other glaring needs. That pick needed to be an absolute home run to be justified, instead it was an absolute dud.

Thats not really the players fault though. Horrible pick yes, but a bust no. I mean we can all agree both Dave and Marty did some head scratchers.

57 minutes ago, Snake said:

He was also a bust who got hurt and couldn't get his weight under control. I mean I get we haven't had many starting Tackles that were not journeyman but that doesn't give him not a bust label. He didn't play but 3 season and 34 games within that. Not to mention we traded picks for him.

sure. But he did play games. You stated he never touched the field, just wanted to make sure you understood that was misleading information.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Its true, it was a low first round pick...you just don't expect those to be healthy scratches.  You expect them to play.  Now it may not be his fault for the injuries and misuse, but in the end, a first round, even low pick, you expect to be on the field when healthy.

Maybe he'll have PT against us when we play the Bills, or as I like to call them Panthers of the North.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

sure. But he did play games. You stated he never touched the field, just wanted to make sure you understood that was misleading information.

He didn't for a entire year. He was hurt every year. Besides he's still a bust.

44 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Its true, it was a low first round pick...you just don't expect those to be healthy scratches.  You expect them to play.  Now it may not be his fault for the injuries and misuse, but in the end, a first round, even low pick, you expect to be on the field when healthy.

Maybe he'll have PT against us when we play the Bills, or as I like to call them Panthers of the North.

Rivera didn't use him right till we switched to the 3-4. He then jumped up to 22 solo tackles. Now he's behind Star so I mean he's probably not going to play. Either way he was more of a poor pick then a bust. 

On 5/25/2021 at 2:19 PM, Ace420 said:

Otah played at a high level when he got on the field. Little has never made an impact at all. Little is one of Hurneys worst busts ever, on par with Armanti Edwards.

At least Edwards won a game for us. As in he made the winning play.

43 minutes ago, Snake said:

He never saw the field a complete year. Better?

Snake, I know you are on Otah for some reason but he actually had a valid reason for flaming out and he actually played quite well when he saw the field. Was the pick a bust overall? Yes. Was it the same kind of bust as Little or Clausen? Absolutely not.

Those aren't comparable because he was actually a very effective player for us when he played. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Snake, I know you are on Otah for some reason but he actually had a valid reason for flaming out and he actually played quite well when he saw the field. Was the pick a bust overall? Yes. Was it the same kind of bust as Little or Clausen? Absolutely not.

Those aren't comparable because he was actually a very effective player for us when he played. 

All I said was he was the worst bust since Otah. That they both were Tackles drafted high and they were busts. Can't really compare others.