Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Eight Carolina Panthers Who Could Have a Break Out 2021 Season


Recommended Posts

Not buying Slye,  but the rest... sure, why not?

I think marshall will be not a highly targeted guy between the 20s so receptions and yardage will be low, but this guy in the end zone will be a beast.

DJ will be fun to watch. Getting another 1k this year will be hard but he can pull it off.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Not buying Slye,  but the rest... sure, why not?

I think marshall will be not a highly targeted guy between the 20s so receptions and yardage will be low, but this guy in the end zone will be a beast.

DJ will be fun to watch. Getting another 1k this year will be hard but he can pull it off.

We have been lacking a consistent end zone thread since Olsen left. Although, Teddy had a lot to do with that.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

We have been lacking a consistent end zone thread since Olsen left. Although, Teddy had a lot to do with that.

Probably teddy. But Marshall and Dan Arnold will be leaned on a lot there.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We have been lacking a consistent end zone thread since Olsen left. Although, Teddy had a lot to do with that.

Olsen? His Carolina high was 7 TDs in 2015 when his QB had 35 TDs. He wasn’t a consistent red zone threat. Counting his two injured years as 1 he still averaged less than 5 TDs a year. KB, as much as people hate him, actually may be our last receiving end zone threat when he had 16 TDs his first two years. CMC has scored the most total TDs but only about 5 receiving TDs a year.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stbugs said:

Olsen? His Carolina high was 7 TDs in 2015 when his QB had 35 TDs. He wasn’t a consistent red zone threat. Counting his two injured years as 1 he still averaged less than 5 TDs a year. KB, as much as people hate him, actually may be our last receiving end zone threat when he had 16 TDs his first two years. CMC has scored the most total TDs but only about 5 receiving TDs a year.

He was our last end zone threat. KB was before that.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He was our last end zone threat. KB was before that.

Olsen was not an end zone threat. 17 of 39 TDs in his 9 year career were inside 10 yards. That’s a little less than two end zone catches a year with us. 2 of the 17 were in one game with Kyle Allen.

Cam and CMC are the only real end zone threats we’ve had in forever. We need more threats or now a QB that can take advantage of wide open WRs. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

The link takes me to a 2 paragraph “article” and none of it mentions 8 players.

Did you click on the Yahoo article?

Or did the OP forget to include that and had to edit the correct one in?

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to throw Dan Arnold on that list - At least in terms of fantasy breakout. 

I don't expect him to get a ton of yards this year but I would not be surprised at all to see him haul in 6+ receiving touchdowns from his height advantage in the redzone. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • E4BFr3rVUAIm1Zm.jpg

     

     

     

     

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Tepper could certainly do that without worrying about the cost, but I believe it would be at least a season too soon.  Especially, for an owner that kept Rivera and Hurney around as long as he did.  I see Rhule getting 3 seasons minimum before Tepper begins to get impatient. Darnold was a clearance aisle special in comparison to what some teams are willing to give up for a franchise QB.  If Sam crashes and burns, Rhule will likely get at least one more bite of the apple before being dispatched by Dave.  
    • I'm one to give us a reset on the back to back winning season narrative.  This is a new regime with a new owner.  The days of Fox and Rivera are gone and so should the whining about back to back winning seasons. If Rhule and Co. come out and have a winning season I won't be crying about waiting until 2023 for another winning season.  I believe we'll continue that success. If we start 4-0 It will give this team some great confidence for the rest of the season.   IMO it all lies on our O-Line and Darnold.  If the O-line gels together and Darnold limits the mistakes we'll score enough points to win.   Our defense is going to keep us in games and might even win one or two. 
    • I happen to enjoy listening to 89.  His takes are usually pretty brutal but accurate.  I think this is a next step for him and he'll move into the booth full time.  Hopefully for the Panthers. He is and always will be a Panther.   He may have had some wounds from being let go and he exacted his revenge on us.  Quite brutally in fact. His heart has softened and he is where he belongs. He'll be our first drafted HOFer.
×
×
  • Create New...