• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The biggest question for the Panthers.

SBBlue

Just now, trueblade said:

It's within the range of outcomes for him, but it's also a big ask of a rookie. He could be a LT this year and then kick inside next year if we draft or sign someone.

I really think that is what is going to happen barring injury.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, SBBlue said:
11 minutes ago, trueblade said:

It's within the range of outcomes for him, but it's also a big ask of a rookie. He could be a LT this year and then kick inside next year if we draft or sign someone.

I really think that is what is going to happen barring injury.

I agree with you guys. I think the battle in camp here will decide who is playing LT. If anyone has an edge I would say right now its Trenton Scott, just because Rhule seems to like him and he's the most familiar with the system. If Christensen comes into camp and looks good going against our edge rushers then he may be able to win the job.

GIF - I completely agree GIF - Viral Viral Videos

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Michael G said:

I agree with you guys. I think the battle in camp here will decide who is playing LT. If anyone has an edge I would say right now its Trenton Scott, just because Rhule seems to like him and he's the most familiar with the system. If Christensen comes into camp and looks good going against our edge rushers then he may be able to win the job.

We had like four or five different guys play left tackle last year.  Scott started like 4 games,  Okung  7 games, and didn't Greg Little actually do a couple?.   Seems like it got so bad we swung Schofieled to tackle at one point.  

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We had like four or five different guys play left tackle last year.  Scott started like 4 games,  Okung  7 games, and didn't Greg Little actually do a couple?.   Seems like it got so bad we swung Schofieled to tackle at one point.  

Yeah that's accurate--Scho- was very disappointing. He was supposed to be that versatile guy (Play G or T) with experience who was familiar with Pat Meyer, but he did not play well at all. I think Trenton Scott  was 2nd Best of those guys (Okung was pretty good but couldn't stay on the field b/c of injury). It didn't help any of them that they had Chris Reed beside them (85% of the time anyway). I hope Elf or one of the rookie's is a better option at LG. It will help Scott, Erving, or Christensen a lot I think.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

Yeah that's accurate--Scho- was very disappointing. He was supposed to be that versatile guy (Play G or T) with experience who was familiar with Pat Meyer, but he did not play well at all. I think Trenton Scott  was 2nd Best of those guys (Okung was pretty good but couldn't stay on the field b/c of injury). It didn't help any of them that they had Chris Reed beside them (85% of the time anyway). I hope Elf or one of the rookie's is a better option at LG. It will help Scott, Erving, or Christensen a lot I think.

With the way injuries always batter the line, and based on how bad Elf and Erving appear to be, we at one point may be starting a 3rd round rookie at LT and 6th round rookie at L guard.

• Beer 2

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anyone who thinks our biggest question is anything other than "have we solved the QB problem?" is absolutely kidding themselves.

There's a difference between answering the question and getting it right.  A solution has been presented at QB and is currently awaiting peer review.

Several hypotheses are currently being vetted for a starting OL.  No solutions have been presented.  Best answer we've received is "We're gonna try everybody everywhere".  

That is a bigger question than QB.

• Pie 3

9 hours ago, trueblade said:

Or the Panthers could do just the opposite, play him inside this year, given him experience, building his confidence, then move him to LT next year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 hours ago, SBBlue said:

So does anyone think Christiansen will be our LT?

Just because Christensen played left tackle throughout his career at BYU does not mean he will start there, especially to begin with for the Panthers. It was his explosive pro day numbers that helped attract the Panthers.

At 6-foot-6, 300-pounds, Christensen is an athletic lineman. He posted a 10-foot-4-inch vertical jump, a 4.89 seconds 40-yard dash and a 34-inch vertical leap. His vertical jump was the best recorded by an offensive lineman among available NFL Scouting Combine records. Christensen was also the highest graded tackle in a season ever by PFF (96.0).