• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers LB Shaq Thompson Bulks Up

KatsAzz

38 minutes ago, frankw said:

I had a more detailed response to this that disappeared. But my overall point wasn't that we didn't have a pass rush at all but that Luke and Davis were integral to the overall success of the defense. Between them they had 6 and half sacks and 8 interceptions. In regards to those sack numbers though it's a shame that didn't show up in the biggest game. Kony Ealy was a top contributor with 3 sacks and nobody here would say he was very good. Damn shame.

They compiled those stats in one season, 4 ints each, 2 FF for luke, 4 FF for TD. they also combined for 17 passes defended that season. Those are great linebackers and I still would not agree with them having cap hit numbers of 18-19m 

Shaq has had 76 games as a starting LB and has managed 1 int and 4 FF with 17 passes defended, but people around here act like he is anything more than average. Telling the truth about a guy does not mean you hate him, it just means he is average. I do hate his contract however.

Edited by PootieNunu

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Let entertain your perspective.  

The team obviously doesn't agree with you. 

So in order for you to retain your perspective, you must now assume that our professional staff don't know what their doing. 

Over your opinion. Over the "unbiased" opinion of pff. 

And yet all you nay sayers are alright with that level of ignorance.  

It’s not my opinion that he was 50th in solo tackles at his position in 2020. It’s not my opinion that he had 0 sacks. It’s not my opinion that had 21 total tackles in 4 games during November last season. In fact the second of the year for him was pedestrian at best 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

They compiled those stats in one season, 4 ints each, 2 FF for luke, 4 FF for TD. they also combined for 17 passes defended that season. Those are great linebackers and I still would not agree with them having cap hit numbers of 18-19m 

Shaq has had 76 games as a starting LB and has managed 1 int and 4 FF with 17 passes defended, but people around here act like he is anything more than average. Telling the truth about a guy does not mean you hate him, it just means he is average. I do hate his contract however.

They were elite for their position. Shaq to this point has not been. Not all of that has been his fault but reality is reality. I will assume you have missed a few replies in here because I have already discussed Shaq and his contract and how it lines up with the current on field returns. Some fans view things differently and that's okay. But change is always around the corner and I have no doubt our new gm has plans that don't involve overpaying for average play.

Just now, frankw said:

They were elite for their position. Shaq to this point has not been. Not all of that has been his fault but reality is reality. I will assume you have missed a few replies in here because I have already discussed Shaq and his contract and how it lines up with the current on field returns. Some fans view things differently and that's okay. But change is always around the corner and I have no doubt our new gm has plans that don't involve overpaying for average play.

It does not seem to be sinking in for some so I was furthering your point. We still have people on here who think Shaq is a "beast" or he is above average.  I'm wondering if they are confusing Shaq O'Neal with Shaq Thompson. I don't know how anyone can keep a straight face and call Shaq Thompson a beast.

3 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

It does not seem to be sinking in for some so I was furthering your point. We still have people on here who think Shaq is a "beast" or he is above average.  I'm wondering if they are confusing Shaq O'Neal with Shaq Thompson. I don't know how anyone can keep a straight face and call Shaq Thompson a beast.

He was 50th in solo tackles. He had 21 tackles the entire month of November. He had 0 sacks in 2020

this isn’t elite LB production. He’s average. That’s fine 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Rubi said:

He was 50th in solo tackles. He had 21 tackles the entire month of November. He had 0 sacks in 2020

this isn’t elite LB production. He’s average. That’s fine 

Yeah, I think Jeremy Chinn, the rookie, who spent part of his time at safety actually had more tackles.  Shaq hasn't been a start like Luke but HOF level LBs don't grow on trees.

• Beer 1