• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

rumors about Porzingis

Captain Morgan

we would still need a defender in the post.

One source stated that the Hornets are very intrigued by the possibility of adding Porzingis. They want to add a big man alongside LaMelo Ball and Terry Rozier. Porzingis would not bring the defensive presence that they would like, but he would add more offensive firepower and more star power in general.

During the 2020-21 season with the Mavericks, Porzingis ended up averaging 20.1 points per game to go along with 8.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 1.3 blocks. He shot 47.6 percent from the floor overall and knocked down 37.6 percent of his three-point attempts.

Those numbers show why a team like the Hornets should take a long look at acquiring him this offseason. Even though he is receiving a lot of criticism right now, there is no question that Porzingis is still a star in the NBA. He can score at a high level and is not a bad rebounder either.

At just 25 years of age, Porzingis still has plenty of room to grow and improve. With a young and dynamic team like the Hornets, he could come in and fit perfectly right off the bat. 

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/06/14/report-hornets-among-teams-considering-trade-for-kristaps-porzingis/

• Pie 2

a healthy Hayward helps this team way more than a healthy Porzingis..

everyone points to our biggest, glaring need of a Big man or 2 - which is accurate - but our 2nd biggest need are wing defenders/scorers.. When Hayward went down we were bailed out by Miles stepping up Bigtime but after him - it was VERY slim pickings.. The Martin Bros are not NBA starters or 2 unit players - they are solid "end of the bench" players

I'd rather focus on these 3 areas this offseason:
1- Big men, x2
2- decide if Graham is the backup PG to Ball
3- wing defender/scorer

Edited by bLACKpANTHER
  • Pie 2

On 6/15/2021 at 7:50 AM, bLACKpANTHER said:

a healthy Hayward helps this team way more than a healthy Porzingis..

everyone points to our biggest, glaring need of a Big man or 2 - which is accurate - but our 2nd biggest need are wing defenders/scorers.. When Hayward went down we were bailed out by Miles stepping up Bigtime but after him - it was VERY slim pickings.. The Martin Bros are not NBA starters or 2 unit players - they are solid "end of the bench" players

I'd rather focus on these 3 areas this offseason:
1- Big men, x2
2- decide if Graham is the backup PG to Ball
3- wing defender/scorer

I mean I hear you but any deal for Portz has to include Hayward for me.  We cant go with 2 guys hurt 24/7

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

I mean I hear you but any deal for Portz has to include Hayward for me.  We cant go with 2 guys hurt 24/7

yeah i agree.. Hayward would have to be included.. that's why I wouldn't do it

I think it is a high risk, high reward move.. we could get Porzingis and he could blossom with Melo, improve our post-scoring and we could come out smelling like roses.. but I doubt that would happen.. i don't think it would be a train wreck - but it would probably fall somewhere in the middle.. besides, Porzingis doesn't really address the areas of concern with our team.. shot-blocking, defense in the post, rebounding and post scoring.. Porzingis has moved away from using his size and skill down low and has sadly become more of a perimeter player.. he does get buckets down low, especially on the left elbow/baseline - but his defense is just sub-par and we need someone stronger.. getting a legit C and sliding PJ back to the PF position is the right way to go IMO

I haven't seen a Hornets player that could get their own shot in a long, long time.. and when Hayward was healthy and able to operate in the mid-range - we were looking like one of the top 4 teams in the East.. I'd just like to run it back with Hayward and see if we can get some legit Post presence in FA without having to give up draft picks + players.. 

and if we do need to trade for someone - let's go for Turner before kicking the tires on Porzingis.. just my opinion

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

yeah i agree.. Hayward would have to be included.. that's why I wouldn't do it

I think it is a high risk, high reward move.. we could get Porzingis and he could blossom with Melo, improve our post-scoring and we could come out smelling like roses.. but I doubt that would happen.. i don't think it would be a train wreck - but it would probably fall somewhere in the middle.. besides, Porzingis doesn't really address the areas of concern with our team.. shot-blocking, defense in the post, rebounding and post scoring.. Porzingis has moved away from using his size and skill down low and has sadly become more of a perimeter player.. he does get buckets down low, especially on the left elbow/baseline - but his defense is just sub-par and we need someone stronger.. getting a legit C and sliding PJ back to the PF position is the right way to go IMO

I haven't seen a Hornets player that could get their own shot in a long, long time.. and when Hayward was healthy and able to operate in the mid-range - we were looking like one of the top 4 teams in the East.. I'd just like to run it back with Hayward and see if we can get some legit Post presence in FA without having to give up draft picks + players.. 

and if we do need to trade for someone - let's go for Turner before kicking the tires on Porzingis.. just my opinion

I like your thought process, but are there really any post guys anymore? The days of Shaq, Barkley, and even Big Al are over with. It's all about the 3 or getting fouled driving to the rim these days and that is sad.

• Pie 1