• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there a hidden camera in my house?

SBBlue

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Ah, the Troll Patrol. 

Cam hadn't been totally healthy in 3 years. A new staff bringing in a QB they are familiar with is pretty much SOP.

At least this staff is smart enough to see that Teddy just couldn't cut it. They vetted Sam, and here we are. 

Other than how they handled Cam. This staff has done pretty good job of turning around one of the least talented teams in Panther history. And built one that is on the cusp of being in a position to be successful.

This is Rhule's 2nd year. The rebuild ain't done. But by all means, act as if it is.

tl:dr version, put the fear of the past away. This ain't the same ol Panthers.

Cam hadn't been totally healthy in 3 years .. really? I count only two, '18 and '19 .. and even '18 - Cam had better stats than '13 Cam .. so Cam had one injury year, '19

Other than how they handled Cam .. lol that's like saying outside of Barry Bonds HR's he wasn't good, it's kind of a big deal when you botch situation w/ franchise QB

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

So let me see if I have this straight? Cam playing out the last year of his contract for 19mil, is not a prove it deal. But Cam playing on back-to back 1mil deals is?

Yeah exactly .. people were saying Cam won't play on a one year prove it deal, guess they were wrong

3 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

Cam hadn't been totally healthy in 3 years .. really? I count only two, '18 and '19 .. and even '18 - Cam had better stats than '13 Cam .. so Cam had one injury year, '19

Other than how they handled Cam .. lol that's like saying outside of Barry Bonds HR's he wasn't good, it's kind of a big deal when you botch situation w/ franchise QB

Cam hurt his shoulder in 16, hasn't been the same since.

Cam being let go is part of the business of the NFL. The Not For Long League. Every team loses a Star player every so often. You overreacting, and not being able to handle it? That is on you.

45 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Cam hurt his shoulder in 16, hasn't been the same since.

Cam being let go is part of the business of the NFL. The Not For Long League. Every team loses a Star player every so often. You overreacting, and not being able to handle it? That is on you.

You're so lost, Cam's subpar passing since '16 has been due to terrible weapons .. in '17 he had no Olsen, Funchess, and rookie Samuel, CMC .. '18 - again, compare '13 Cam to '18 Cam .. '19 was the only truly bad year ..

Cam's going to win MVP this season and it is going to make this franchise look even more trash

• Poo 2

33 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

You're so lost, Cam's subpar passing since '16 has been due to terrible weapons .. in '17 he had no Olsen, Funchess, and rookie Samuel, CMC .. '18 - again, compare '13 Cam to '18 Cam .. '19 was the only truly bad year ..

Cam's going to win MVP this season and it is going to make this franchise look even more trash

Dec 11, 2016 NFL

Shoulder Rotator Cuff Tear

The only thing that is trash, is your grasp of history. And your undying love for Cam is a close second.

We have lots of fans that miss Cam. Very few are as delusional as you as to his present abilities. 

Maybe you should try the Patriots board. They might enjoy having someone explain how good Cam is going to be. You could be a God over there.

58 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Dec 11, 2016 NFL

Shoulder Rotator Cuff Tear

The only thing that is trash, is your grasp of history. And your undying love for Cam is a close second.

We have lots of fans that miss Cam. Very few are as delusional as you as to his present abilities. 

Maybe you should try the Patriots board. They might enjoy having someone explain how good Cam is going to be. You could be a God over there.

Yeah after '16 Cam had a fine healthy '17 .. '16 isn't the last 3 seasons

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Peanut Butter said:

Gotta weigh in here. Cam took pretty poor weapons and turned it into the highest scoring offense in 2015 often by himself. He actually had better weapons after that but he couldn't make all the throws anymore. It is plain to see  his throwing motion in 2015 versus 2017 changed. He didn't have the same consistency and the ball came out flatter and he lost his deep ball.  He can still generate a decent offense because he is such a talent and his running is unparalleled. But Cam was done here and it was time to move on. I hope he can have a good year but I worry the Patriots are just going to run him to death again and dump.him if he gets hurt. He ran more times last year than any year that Shula was OC and the second highest run total in his career. If he can't throw to open up the run it won't be long before Mac gets a shot.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

28 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

Yeah after '16 Cam had a fine healthy '17 .. '16 isn't the last 3 seasons

You either don't care, or haven't watched. But Cam's arm after tearing his Rotator Cuff has been shot.

March 17, surgery on shoulder. Still played in 16, we went 11-5

Week 10 in 18 Watts hits Cam, we went 6-8 with Cam

Spring 19 surgery on shoulder, plays 2 games, we went 0-2

Fall 19 surgery on foot.

You can shout til you go horse. But, Cams last few years here were hard to watch.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Peanut Butter said:

Yeah exactly .. people were saying Cam won't play on a one year prove it deal, guess they were wrong

I love Cam and it is a tragedy the way it ended.

Cam asked for a trade.   He said the team forced him into asking for a trade.  My guess is we "forced him" by not renewing his contract and we wanted him to play his last year on his old one.   We also were releasing a lot of his teammates.  We had lost the last 8 games he started with his poor play being a factor due to injury.  He hadn't started a winning game since 2018 due to his injuries.

Cam sat without a team for literally months.   We got more for Allen and Bridgewater in trade than we did for Cam, unfortunately.  Newton, Winston, Dalton, Flacco were all looking for homes last March.  Newton was the last one to find a home, partially because he didn't want to be backup. 

I don't think Cam realized the concern teams had about his injuries and many, I'm guessing including Cam, were surprised when he couldn't find a home.  No one wanted to trade out their crappy QB for Cam.  BB saw the opportunity and swept in.  Cam had a bad season, but I expect a rebound this year, and Mac is going to sit the bench...I bet longer than anyone expects.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Peanut Butter said:

You think cam was only hurt one season?  Oy vey you are not right.