• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton says 2016 shoulder injury affected him for years

WarPanthers89

There is no doubt in my mind that the NFL and the Referee's did not like Cam.  I don't know if many of you remember, but about Cam's 2nd year when he was hit roughly.  Cam asked the ref why it wasn't called roughing the passer.  The ref replied you haven't been in the league long enough to get a call like that or something like that.  We've can point at least a dozen shots that were never called as evidence.

Shoulder injuries take years to heal and may never fully heal.  Cam is a super athlete and if anyone can overcome that injury, I would bet on him to do it.

I wish, hope and pray that he has fully healed and puts the Mac Jones Era on hold as he leads the Patriots to the Super Bowl against his former team. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I wish, hope and pray that he has fully healed and puts the Mac Jones Era on hold as he leads the Patriots to the Super Bowl against his former team. 

If those two teams meet in the SB again, it’d be hard to root for Cam regardless of how much I like the dude/player. 

I remember that game. That was a clean hit by Watt, his face mask hit cam’s shoulder as the first point of contact, head upright. And this is clear from the photo.

They are PLENTY of cheap BS shots on Cam no doubt. However that shot and him trying to tackle the interceptor (reasons for his downfall) had nothing to do with missed calls.

The bad calls, Riveras stubbornness and Hurneys/Get’s pathetic oline building ability really just unnecessarily added to the wear and tear.

• Pie 1

No kidding.  If you ever watched a minute of football, you could tell Cam wasn't close to his previous self...many here wanted to believe though....

End of the day, Cam is very responsible for his downfall, as are Ron, Marty, Dave, Jerry, his agent, and quite a few others if I had to guess.

Careers in the NFL are short, and are shortened by "different" types of players.  Those guys who knock the hell out of others, fly around like their hair is on fire, QB's who try to be dumptrucks, etc....sucks that it happened to one of ours, but here we are.

Good luck Cam.