• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Terrace Marshall the rookie most likely to succeed?

Zod

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

How do you rank the rookies so far? 

I think Terrace and Tremble have stood out in all aspects. 

Jaycee looks good minus all the holding. Can he fix it?

The rest haven't been noticeable really. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule did mention Daviyyon Nixon as being impressive so far.

Rhule has a history of praising folks that he thinks need to show improvement. Its a motivation tactic. Also See Thomas, Ian

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Zod said:

I think Terrace and Tremble have stood out in all aspects. 

Jaycee looks good minus all the holding. Can he fix it?

The rest haven't been noticeable really. 

A little surprised Nixon hasn't stood out a little bit more. He was one I thought that had "diamond in the rough" potential early. 

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Horn is holding, that was something that he apparently was known for in college. I suspect he is gonna struggle with that all season while he tries to break old habits. Also, it's rare for rookie CB's to be stellar, so I am not gonna get all over him unless he still has the same bad habits in year 3, 4, etc.

So not much to write home about Hubbard either? How about our LS battle?

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is not unreasonable to propose that we have the potential to have the ROY on offense and defense.

Discuss.

Considering that corners rarely win DROY, it will be a long shot for Jaycee. And with TMJ, same draft class as Trevor Lawrence, so another up hill battle.

But you're right, it's certainly not an unreasonable proposition.  Just unlikely at face value.

Edited by Ocpanthertew714
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is not unreasonable to propose that we have the potential to have the ROY on offense and defense.

Discuss.

I don't think Marshall gets enough touches and yards to be OROY with DJ and Robbie ahead of him.  I just don't think a WR has a chance if they aren't WR1/2.

I would be pleasantly shocked if Horn is DROY.  CB isn't usually a position that wins it, but this year could be different.  Looking at his competition....Barmore?  Paye?  Surtain?  Idk who will emerge as the season progresses but there isn't an obvious favorite like last year.  So there's a chance I guess.

• Beer 1