• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Good Ole Waiver Wire - Your Friend and Mine

Zod

Since the Panthers are only 8th in line on the waiver wire, I suspect our beloved team will be fairly active as other teams make their cuts. 

Positions I feel that could be targeted:

- Left tackle

- Right guard

- Tight End

- Linebacker (all)

- Safety

- QB

If any adequate player of these positions are let go, I think it is safe to assume the Panthers would love to increase the quality of their depth and in some instances possibly find a new starter. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Zod said:

Since the Panthers are only 8th in line on the waiver wire, I suspect our beloved team will be fairly active as other teams make their cuts. 

Positions I feel that could be targeted:

- Left tackle

- Right guard

- Tight End

- Linebacker (all)

- Safety

- QB

If any adequate player of these positions are let go, I think it is safe to assume the Panthers would love to increase the quality of their depth and in some instances possibly find a new starter. 

The good news is that there always seems to be a high priced vet safety and linebacker cut towards the end of camp

• Pie 1

Honestly don’t see any LT’s that we could pickup that could make an impact.

with Shaq and Perryman being dinged up already.  LB I’d look hard at.

I know KJ Wright talked to the Raiders yesterday.  But he’d be a good fit and Fitty knows him well coming from Seattle 

also CB.  Bouye missing the next few weeks with a new team here then suspended the first few weeks of the season

Edited by ncfan

8 minutes ago, Zod said:

Good point. 

Also to add on top.  When is the last time Donte Jackson put together a fully healthy season?

Bouye’s issue.  One stubbed toe to Donte and we’re looking at Troy Pride and the rookie as our starting CB

• Beer 1

If they're talking about "winning" get a real back up QB. Somebody who can actually win a couple games if Sam gets hurt.

The safety net has rips in it. Remember how crucial DA was some of those years. A real pro as a backup can't hurt.

I really don't understand the undervalued approach to the backup QB this team has taken.

• Pie 5

19 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

If they're talking about "winning" get a real back up QB. Somebody who can actually win a couple games if Sam gets hurt.

The safety net has rips in it. Remember how crucial DA was some of those years. A real pro as a backup can't hurt.

I really don't understand the undervalued approach to the backup QB this team has taken.

Ditto on the backup QB. I believe they thought they found a guy that could win games in PJ but it just wasn't the case.  But there's not much across the league to be honest.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

QBs that could be cut:

Easton Stick

Blaine Gabbert

My boy Nate Sudfeld

?

or maybe Matt Barkley (current FA)

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Honestly don’t see any LT’s that we could pickup that could make an impact.

with Shaq and Perryman being dinged up already.  LB I’d look hard at.

I know KJ Wright talked to the Raiders yesterday.  But he’d be a good fit and Fitty knows him well coming from Seattle 

also CB.  Bouye missing the next few weeks with a new team here then suspended the first few weeks of the season

We're stacked at CB:

Horn, Jackson, Bouye, Taylor, Pride, Thomas Oliver (have spent recent Draft picks on all) and Hartsfield.

35 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

We carried 3 QBs last year.

We don't undervalue the QB position (backup or starter), but we just can't find any quality. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We're stacked at CB:

Horn, Jackson, Bouye, Taylor, Pride, Thomas Oliver (have spent recent Draft picks on all) and Hartsfield.

Horn is a rookie.   He has looked good in Practice but he is still a rookie.  And rookie CBs can still be tough (see Okudah last year in Detroit)

Donte hasn’t played a full season since when?

Bouye is with a new team.  Missing camp with this new team.  And will be suspended the 1st 4 games of the season.

Taylor is a 5th rd rookie

Pride has been alright.

has Oliver even shown anything that you’d trust him to play significant time?

In 3 CB sets.  If Donte goes down with a Toe.  You feel that good with Horn, Pride and Taylor on the field?

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Horn is a rookie.   He has looked good in Practice but he is still a rookie.  And rookie CBs can still be tough (see Okudah last year in Detroit)

Donte hasn’t played a full season since when?

Bouye is with a new team.  Missing camp with this new team.  And will be suspended the 1st 4 games of the season.

Taylor is a 5th rd rookie

Pride has been alright.

has Oliver even shown anything that you’d trust him to play significant time?

In 3 CB sets.  If Donte goes down with a Toe.  You feel that good with Horn, Pride and Taylor on the field?

You're forgetting about Rashaan Melvin. Not that he's that memorable, but he's better than Oliver and Taylor...at least for now.

• Pie 2