• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too bad we don't have any MNF games this season, this couldve been fun

PanthersATL

Info on ESPN's side broadcast featuring Peyton and Eli "announcing" some of the MNF games this season

“It is kind of like you are watching the game at a bar and me and Eli show up and watch the game with you,” Manning said, via quotes distributed by ESPN. “[That] is kind of the theme. We are not going to be in a booth. With my forehead and my neck, I couldn’t fit in a booth. I can fit on my couch at home and Eli can be on his couch. But we are going to watch football. It was just too good of an opportunity — to watch football with your brother, to tell stories, to talk a little football, I am looking forward to it. It is going to be a lot of fun.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/05/peyton-manning-says-his-mnf-simulcast-will-be-like-watching-game-at-bar-with-peyton-and-eli/

The Delhomme radio broadcasts have been good, though. So at least we have that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Never really like Peyton Manning, even more so after that last Super Bowl scam.

But, he kinda grows on me with the way he’s able to make fun of himself. He seems to go out of his way to do it.

I assume they are just color commentators.  And Peyton and Eli historically are generally funny people that don't take themselves that serious.   Good in commercials, SNL, social media (Eli at least).  It's got potential. 

12 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

But, he kinda grows on me with the way he’s able to make fun of himself. He seems to go out of his way to do it.

I always liked Peyton. Genuinely funny dude. 

He didn't have much of a part in our 2015 loss other than physically showing up.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

We're kind of where we were when Rivera arrived. We're irrelevant, and our team needs to do something to become relevant. We've lost Cam and that was the guy people knew nationally, and we had a face of the franchise in him. Now we're off the radar, and there are even some people who couldn't find NC on a map. Either Darnold kills it this season and we get flexed to Monday night, or we stay irrelevant and get another top 10 1st round pick. Darnold either becomes our leader this season, or we switch him out ala the Teddy disaster. 

3 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Yeah, this was horrible. Still waiting for the jomboy breakdown on what went wrong on this play that season

west side story jets GIF

If we had a Monday night game and Darnold started pooping the bed they would load up footage of his horrible plays as a Jet. So you'd have to watch him throw picks for us, and then they'd show him throw picks for the Jets. It would be terrible.

Edited by pantherj

45 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I always liked Peyton. Genuinely funny dude. 

He didn't have much of a part in our 2015 loss other than physically showing up.  

yeah, Peyton tried to help us out.  It ain't his fault. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

I blame Rivera for SB 2015. Manning could have been a Drew Lock and we still would have lost.

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I blame Rivera for SB 2015. Manning could have been a Drew Lock and we still would have lost.

I think a lot of the game was tailored for Manning to win, and I really think after the Kony Ealy interception (or near one, I try to forget this game happened) they all but benched Manning to keep from losing.

• Pie 1