• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

High Profile CB on the Trade Block

shaq

8 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

Very true. You’re the dude who wants me to come on here and say we’re going to win the Super Bowl every year and hype up every bad player we have. No thank you. That’s not me. People like you are the reason why this country has become soft. Win or lose, every kid gets a trophy in today’s world. 

First off? What the actual hellz?

6 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

Go burn your chin dude. 

Is somebody mad? Aw, that's sooo sad.

6 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

I don’t need karens in my life. 

I would think you would need any body in your life. It's gotta be lonely in that basement all by your lonesome.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, shaq said:

That would be a super interesting trade, both MT and CJ got character concerns. Lawrence with MT could be leathal!

What are MT character concerns? I've never heard anything bad of him outside this injury situation now where the saints are bitching that he should he gotten surgery long ago. Perhaps so but even if true that isn't a total character concern I don't think. I have never actually heard anything bad about the dude other than I don't like him because he plays for the saints. If he had in a Panthers jersey I'm sure I would love him.

No, No, No.  If being a former 1st round pick and being shopped already isn't enough for you.  

How about we already have a nice young secondary that would mean we have to let someone go that could potentially help us later on.   I like our CBs and think we have a bright future at CB.  

I would be much more interested in an O-Line man that might be available than a red flagged former first rounder. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, something is seriously amiss her and like the Cards with Rosen, it feels like they've realized they made a huge mistake and would love the opportunity to get something back out of the deal.

It definitely could be but this seems like more of a character situation then talent. CJ was actually pretty good for being a rookie starter at the CB 1 position.

8 minutes ago, shaq said:

It definitely could be but this seems like more of a character situation then talent. CJ was actually pretty good for being a rookie starter at the CB 1 position.

Yeah, when I said amiss I just meant generally speaking. Something is off here. You don't just up and decide to trade last year's top 10 pick on the cusp of preseason starting on a whim.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

What are MT character concerns? I've never heard anything bad of him outside this injury situation now where the saints are bitching that he should he gotten surgery long ago. Perhaps so but even if true that isn't a total character concern I don't think. I have never actually heard anything bad about the dude other than I don't like him because he plays for the saints. If he had in a Panthers jersey I'm sure I would love him.

New Orleans fined their superstar wideout nearly $59K this week for "Conduct Detrimental to the Club" after an altercation with C.J. Gardner-Johnson that led to punches being thrown.”

“For unknown reasons, Thomas fell out of communication with the Saints. He did not return multiple calls over the next three months.”

“To the extent the Saints aren’t happy with Thomas, that emotion isn’t new. Last October, Jeff Duncan of TheAthletic.com wrote at length about the concerns the team had with Thomas. Then there’s the fact that, as PFT reported in late October, the Thomas camp was trying to get another team to make the Saints a trade offer for Thomas. No offers were ever made.”

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, when I said amiss I just meant generally speaking. Something is off here. You don't just up and decide to trade last year's top 10 pick on the cusp of preseason starting on a whim.

Gonna be an interesting situation for sure, it’s incredibly strange and uncommon. I’m gonna be interested to see how CJs career pans out.

1 hour ago, shaq said:

New Orleans fined their superstar wideout nearly $59K this week for "Conduct Detrimental to the Club" after an altercation with C.J. Gardner-Johnson that led to punches being thrown.”

“For unknown reasons, Thomas fell out of communication with the Saints. He did not return multiple calls over the next three months.”

“To the extent the Saints aren’t happy with Thomas, that emotion isn’t new. Last October, Jeff Duncan of TheAthletic.com wrote at length about the concerns the team had with Thomas. Then there’s the fact that, as PFT reported in late October, the Thomas camp was trying to get another team to make the Saints a trade offer for Thomas. No offers were ever made.”

Wow, i had no idea of the other incidents and situations. My respect of him was going off of seeing a few videos of him showing up at a mentally disabled childs birthday party with a gift who loved him as a player and a couple charity things. He genuinely seemed like a nice caring guy in the videos and was very soft spoken as well as humble. As far as the punching goes in my 20's I sucker punched 3 or 4 guys who I was in heated arguments with so I guess I cant fault him too much for reacting or I would be a hypocrite myself. Doing my best to reserve judgement as he really did seem like a super nice guy when ive seen him on a few amateur shot videos.

25 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

The league has changed. You see teams more willing now to part ways with a recent draft pick than in the past. GMs/HCs used to lose their job for messing up on a high draft pick because a bust would affect the team’s building process for 5-10 years. Now, who really cares? The NFL has become a college league. Easier for players to translate to. First time coaches from college or retread coaches get signed to a 6-10 yr contracts. No one’s job is on the line anymore. 

My Zod you are dramatic. Also, you are way off on most of this.

First, can you even name a player a team parted ways with? Rosen, and?

GMs don't lose their jobs over a bad high pick. They lose them over many bad picks. And sometimes it can take more than that.

Where in the world did you come up with it takes 5-10 years to overcome a bad pick? Be honest, you made that one up?

Before the CBA, 1st round contracts were getting out of hand. So a wrong deal could cost you. Since the CBA, 1st round contracts no longer hamper a team. So that is no longer a concern.

6-10 year contracts? Hyperbole much. Both Rhule and Meyer got 6 year deals. Nowhere near 10 years. 

I know you had a rant in there. But c'mon man. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, YourLastThought said:

Wow, i had no idea of the other incidents and situations. My respect of him was going off of seeing a few videos of him showing up at a mentally disabled childs birthday party with a gift who loved him as a player and a couple charity things. He genuinely seemed like a nice caring guy in the videos and was very soft spoken as well as humble. As far as the punching goes in my 20's I sucker punched 3 or 4 guys who I was in heated arguments with so I guess I cant fault him too much for reacting or I would be a hypocrite myself. Doing my best to reserve judgement as he really did seem like a super nice guy when ive seen him on a few amateur shot videos.

You could be totally right man, he could be a great guy it’s not my place to judge him I don’t know him personally. He’s a great football player and I wish him the best.

• Beer 1