• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bleacher Report article mentioning Darnold.

Tr3ach

I know bleacher report is usually garbage but did anyone see the article about buying or selling the latest training camp buzz?  One of the categories was on Darnold struggling mightily in training camp?  I've definitely heard he has had some ups and downs but nothing like they are portraying.   Here is a link to the full article.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2947117-buying-or-selling-nfls-latest-training-camp-buzz-entering-preseason

Here is what it says about Darnold in training camp recently.   

"

According to ESPN's David Newton, the 24-year-old has struggled in camp, throwing one notable interception despite a "wide-open" target and making overthrows in situational drills. 

It was always going to take Darnold time to get adjusted to life with a new team, something that could extend into the regular season. On paper, he's got a couple of strong targets at tight end, plus rookie Terrace Marshall Jr., DJ Moore and Robby Anderson at wideout. 

But the Jets were willing to give up on Darnold for a reason. Over three seasons, he's completed just 59.8 percent of his passes with 45 touchdowns and 39 interceptions. The Panthers are all-in on him for one season regardless, but a rocky start during what is usually a time of unending optimism is buyable and suggests it could continue. 

Verdict: Buying"

Just now, Kentucky Panther said:

Igo has reported numerous times Darnold has looked as good as any QB he has covered at this point in camp. Not sure where this is coming from. 

That's what I've heard mostly too.  I've also heard the consensus that he has looked a lot better as of late.  That's why it seemed weird that of the 6 topics they chose to cover in the entire NFL they chose to make one on Darnlod's "camp struggles."

• Beer 2

Can't wait to see how Darnold does against our  preseason defensive opponents who were all in the top 10 last year with two of them in the top 3.  That will be a huge test. If he struggles some that is expected but if he plays well,  it could signal a big year ahead for Sam.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Can't wait to see how Darnold does against our  preseason defensive opponents who were all in the top 10 last year with two of them in the top 3.  That will be a huge test. If he struggles some that is expected but if he plays well,  it could signal a big year ahead for Sam.

I don't think I would read too much into the preseason whether he struggles or plays well. Our first real check for him should be after about Game 4. If it is trending bad, we might be in trouble. If it is trending good, we might be okay.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think I would read too much into the preseason whether he struggles or plays well. Our first real check for him should be after about Game 4. If it is trending bad, we might be in trouble. If it is trending good, we might be okay.

Agreed. The rubber will meet the road once opposing DCs start to get some film of him in our system to study and game plan against. I expect him to look pretty good early on like Teddy did. If he doesn't, UH OH.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. The rubber will meet the road once opposing DCs start to get some film of him in our system to study and game plan against. I expect him to look pretty good early on like Teddy did. If he doesn't, UH OH.

Yeah, and depending on the wrinkles we may not have the cushion we did last year. All new staff to figure out last season.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think you have to wait that long if he plays well. He isn't a rookie and if Pittsburgh plays like they normally do they won't be totally vanilla and will be sending blitzes and playing more like a regular season game.  The first few regular season games are against teams that may not be very good. So that might not be the best test depending on how NO plays.

• Beer 2