• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after SECOND Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Sam just got 2 days of practice against the Colts. How many more reps does he need against them? He wouldn't get many more playing  a series or two. 

Sam probably got as many reps, or more, than those guys. But hey, let's make a big deal out of this.

Cool.  Practice is still just practice.  Patriots, Eagles, Lions all been banging away all week too at practice.  

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Good QBs in established roles haven’t been playing.  Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Dak, Murray. 

Cam, Goff, Hurts, etc all have played.  

Pretty clear line.  And Darnold easily falls into the Goff, Cam, Hurts group that needs the reps.

Totally agree. But they aren’t playing him because they don’t have a plan B on the roster. Darnold gets hurt it’s season in the toilet.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not worst case scenario, just pointing out the hypocrisy. Can't put our money on Darnold only sucking because of an adverse situation in NY while at the same time thinking our backup needs to go through a similar adverse situation to get battle hardened. 

Did you read the part where Rhule said we protected well. Except for those "Exotice Blitzes"? Maybe we can wait until we actually see them perform before we go all Chicken Lilttle on their azz?

I know you have predetermined our line sux. But you know, you could be wrong?

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Did you read the part where Rhule said we protected well. Except for those "Exotice Blitzes"? Maybe we can wait until we actually see them perform before we go all Chicken Lilttle on their azz?

I know you have predetermined our line sux. But you know, you could be wrong?

Rhule said we protected well. Seems like virtually every other observer saw something very different. Coaches say what they think needs to be said in the moment. He may see these guys giving all they have and knows bashing them isn't going to do anything positive. Talking them up and giving them as much confidence and support might be the best option right now. We'll see. There's a lot more talent in the secondary and receiving corps so if those guys aren't playing up to their ability they're gonna hear about it and Rhule will be a lot more likely to say so publicly. 

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

I give up. 

I gave up a week ago when one mod said we didn't have a quarterback, like at all.  At that point there's no reasoning with them.

I think they're doing it to spur discussion, because the 1 or 2 series Sam would play this Sunday, are  just not make or break.  

If it was me, I'd play him a series, but I get why they're not.

But they're acting like Rhule is going to tank the season if Darnold doesn't play.

Its just artificial drama.

fake-drama-drama.gif

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2