• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One position group you’re confident about… one group you’re terrified about

TheBigKat

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m trying to let my hype not build too soon for the TEs yet but I’ve been happy with what I’ve read. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong. Like I said, I'm not expecting Greg Olsen. But I do think they're going to be good enough to at least not be a weakness. We saw Ian Thomas wasn't getting it don't so we signed a mid-level FA who is primarily a receiver and we drafted a mid-round rookie who is primarily a blocker. Cool. Hopefully Arnold will improve as a blocker and hopefully Tremble will develop as a receiver. Maybe they can each help the other out in those departments.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong. Like I said, I'm not expecting Greg Olsen. But I do think they're going to be good enough to at least not be a weakness. We saw Ian Thomas wasn't getting it don't so we signed a mid-level FA who is primarily a receiver and we drafted a mid-round rookie who is primarily a blocker. Cool. Hopefully Arnold will improve as a blocker and hopefully Tremble will develop as a receiver. Maybe they can each help the other out in those departments.

Right. And if all goes well we won’t need anything close to Olsen numbers to look good. We have so many weapons on offense right now they will likely be option 4 or 5 on most passing plays. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Varking said:

Marshall should be great in the red zone as well. Its nice to have options this year. 

Somehow, we managed to get out of the mode that WR was our first, second, and third need heading in the offseason.  Being able to graduate from that to seeing the position as one of our strengths is refreshing.

I still have nightmares about a 50-yard pass being launched to a wide-open Ginn who had run past the coverage, the ball hits him right in the hands.....and then the official picks it up off the ground after signaling incomplete.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Confident in the WRs. How can we not be?! Concerned about the oline. 

This is me but a minor * I feel LB are the worse group, but OL feels like a house of cards next to a volcano..

Morton and paradis are the only knows that I feel will play at least average. The others are huge questions not only in play but HEALTH-wise. Most everyone has history of missing games. Backup C is another, does Elf fill or will they bring in the Rhule's Bersin?? If Elf lands a starting OG, who is the 2nd on depth chart for RG or LG?? ugh I need a drink.....

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I feel pretty good about our edge rushers and DL as a whole. I'm definitely not terrified about our secondary but I'm also not sure how good they're going to be THIS year.

I'm not sure how to feel about this defense just yet.  I still think they are another draft away from getting the core on defense assembled.  That linebacker group makes me real nervous.  

I'm hoping Oldman Snow can cook up something new this season to try to mitigate the weaknesses. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure how to feel about this defense just yet.  I still think they are another draft away from getting the core on defense assembled.  That linebacker group makes me real nervous.  

I'm hoping Oldman Snow can cook up something new this season to try to mitigate the weaknesses. 

The LBs are definitely a weak link. Ultimately, I think the D goes as far as the DL can carry it. Our secondary is still young and won't hold up well if there isn't a strong pass rush. We really need Shaq to start playing like the All-Pro the Panthers clearly think he'll become and paid him to be. 

• Beer 1