• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule was trying to "hold" the lead today ?

JABANOG

Just now, pantherclaw said:

Thank you, Mr Snow, for being the only voice of logic reasoning in here. 

Seems to me there are already a lot of huddlers that hate our coach, and will waste no opportunity to bash him. 

Gotta love the professional amateurs.  

It's bad when you have to invent things to be angry about.  I suggest they seek therapy. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Holding a lead is not a situational outcome you would practice?  Seems like it would be something you would want to do myself. 

I may have rambled a bit and misconstrued by own point there...  I meant if his goal was solely to hold the lead for the win rather than use it solely as a situation for evaluation purposes with the outcome being inconsequential, that would bother me, because it means we failed and it served no real purpose. 

Just now, Ace420 said:

I don't buy the holding a lead BS. 

Winng a preseason game means nothing, it is all about talent evaluation and trying practicing new plays and formations. 

The coaches called some pass plays for Greer and he was inaccurate. He is going to be cut for sure. 

This....

That's exactly it.

Everything else is excuses...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I amy have rambled a bit and misconstrued by own point there...  I meant if his goal was solely to hold the lead for the win rather than use it solely as a situation for evaluation purposes with the outcome being inconsequential, that would bother me, because it means we failed and it served no real purpose. 

I think he decided to try to hold the lead because the offensive line couldn't block anyone.  They literally couldn't hold their opponent to allow for anything else.   They secondary couldn't cover my grandmother and she's been dead for 20 years.  Once the breakdowns started it was a chain reaction. 

11 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Not to get off of topic, but I think sly was OK today. He made all of his fgs except for a world record 63 yarder. 

Missing the xp sucked, but it was pushed back some due to penalty.

Made 3 out of 4 realistic kicks. Not great, but it will be hard to upgrade him at this point as any kicker getting cut probably won't be any better.

For me it's more the fact that we are going through this all over again after the same thing with Gano. Not every team has a great kicker situation obviously but not every team goes from one mess to the next either. The Panthers can't afford to be leaving points on the board which is why we could have at least brought in another leg in camp but what's done is done. Here's to hoping Slye becomes more consistent but odds are he remains who he has been to this point. Boom or bust.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Not to get off of topic, but I think sly was OK today. He made all of his fgs except for a world record 63 yarder. 

Missing the xp sucked, but it was pushed back some due to penalty.

Made 3 out of 4 realistic kicks. Not great, but it will be hard to upgrade him at this point as any kicker getting cut probably won't be any better.

It would be pretty tough to be much worse than Slye. 

I will take any UDFA or FA over Slye, at this point. I don't know that we have ever fielding a kicker(certainly for this length of time) who has so conclusively proven that they are not NFL caliber. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

All he had to say was “it’s something we’ll get right in practice”… He didn’t have to bring up the fact that the team didn’t prepare for the noise.

There's really no excuse in not having a plan for crowd noise though that's a lack of preparation. For all the talk of preseason reps being unnecessary for our starters that omission is not a good look for anyone.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1