• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delta variant has hit our house

Zod

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

Decades of a declining educational system coming home to roost. 

Some of that, but I think it is largely due to the impact of social media. Now everyone has a voice on every matter. Everyone is expected to have an opinion on everything and everyone thinks their opinion is just as valid as the next person - even if one person is a cashier and the other person is one of the world's leading epidemiologists and the matter at hand is a novel pandemic virus. It's insanity.

16 yr old in SC dies of Covid

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/16/us/lancaster-county-south-carolina-student-covid-death/index.html

Columbia SC schools goes to all virtual classes

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-education-coronavirus-pandemic-eedc8bd21e55ea0eb190902e5a3fa457

One of the high schools here just postponed their 1st football game due to covid.

9 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

I’ve had it.  My wife has had it.  Our 5 and 2 year olds have had it.  We’ve all had worse, with the exception of our 2 year old, and we are all 100% fine.  The statistics don’t lie.  Kids (like most everyone else) are going to be fine.  We all hate to see our kids get sick... it’s really hard as a parent to see it.  That natural immunity will serve us all well in the grand scheme of things.

There is an amazing lack on empathy on display with this sentiment. "I got it and I'm fine so I'm not worried about it." Taking a quick gander at the ever growing death toll of this virus might make you think differently, but then again that require empathy on your part. Also, we don't know that the people who survive initially will be "100% fine" in the long run. We don't know what the long term affects are.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

Buddy of mines wife died last week from it. 48, no underlying conditions. 

Are you 100% sure they had it? The testing is poor at best as it can be about positive/negative, so many mistakes and false positives. Then no matter what, they write convid as the reason. Love of money ruin the reporting on this. 

• Poo 3

Just now, Basbear said:

Are you 100% sure they had it? The testing is poor at best as it can be about positive/negative, so many mistakes and false positives. Then no matter what, they write convid as the reason. Love of money ruin the reporting on this. 

Yes. I'm sure. 

Just now, Basbear said:

I think it's best you log off for the night.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

It's amazing how strong some people's dedication is to the "scamdemic" conspiracy.