• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yesterday's snap counts

LinvilleGorge

https://www.panthers.com/news/snap-counts-panthers-at-colts-in-preseason-opener?fbclid=IwAR1yjAvzMgplElVwugNB7PnCzJ4bPUCWFp5aS3Sx9_azNh8wH5gmiqK2gpk

Trent Scott only played 14 snaps and yet still found a way to stick out like a sore thumb in the worst ways possible. Greg Little may actually have a shot at the 53 after that.

Tecklenburg played every offensive snap. Christensen played all but three. Not sure what to make of this. I'd guess that Tecklenburg was largely out of necessity with the current injuries at center. Current injuries at OT probably also heavily contributed to Christensen's snap count but I also like to think that we might be trying to fast track him and get him as many reps as possible.

Christian Miller played 68% of defensive snaps and was largely invisible. That's not good for his roster chances.

• Pie 2

Just now, NCBlu said:

I was watching Miller closely, was waiting on him to make a play I really want him to make the team but Haynes showed why he just my get that spot.

Yep, the contest between Haynes and Miller yesterday was no contest and I think they may be fighting for one roster spot between them.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

https://www.panthers.com/news/snap-counts-panthers-at-colts-in-preseason-opener?fbclid=IwAR1yjAvzMgplElVwugNB7PnCzJ4bPUCWFp5aS3Sx9_azNh8wH5gmiqK2gpk

Trent Scott only played 14 snaps and yet still found a way to stick out like a sore thumb in the worst ways possible. Greg Little may actually have a shot at the 53 after that.

Tecklenburg played every offensive snap. Christensen played all but three. Not sure what to make of this. I'd guess that Tecklenburg was largely out of necessity with the current injuries at center. Current injuries at OT probably also heavily contributed to Christensen's snap count but I also like to think that we might be trying to fast track him and get him as many reps as possible.

Christian Miller played 68% of defensive snaps and was largely invisible. That's not good for his roster chances.

I didn't think him taking the year off last season would be good for his development.  

47 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

I was watching Miller closely, was waiting on him to make a play I really want him to make the team but Haynes showed why he just my get that spot.

I remember Miller jumping out on the screen with a quick near-sack early on but yeah after that, I hardly noticed him.  I think he showed enough to make it past the first cuts so I'm hoping to key in on him a little more in the next preseason game.

31 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Miller had a great dip and rip move on the first or second play of the game.  

But, I admit, it's not good that he's going into his 3rd year here with us and played that many snaps in a game where starters didn't play at all.

He sat out last season on the covid list, he is essentially a second year guy who hasnt played in a year.

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He sat out last season on the covid list, he is essentially a second year guy who hasnt played in a year.

And I don't think that's going to matter. He'll make the roster or he'll get cut based on the merits of his play currently. If sitting out a year put him behind and leads to him getting cut, then I wish him the best of luck latching on elsewhere. It is what it is. This is a cutthroat league and we need to keep our best players.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Yeah, I know.  I meant to notate that in parentheses lol and debated whether just to call him a second year guy, but the fact he's been with the organization for 3 years is what matters in relation to how much he was playing.

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I hope we don't hold that against him but at the same time, I don't expect him to be given any extra leeway.

Whether people like it or not, every single team dealing with players who sat out last year will hold that against them to some degree. A year without football is never a good thing for pro football players, regardless of the reason.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Current injuries at OT probably also heavily contributed to Christensen's snap count but I also like to think that we might be trying to fast track him and get him as many reps as possible.

Christensen doesn't concern me since his snaps came at 2 different positions. Quite the contrary, it tells me that the coaches have plans for him sooner rather than later. I wish I knew the breakdown between his snap count at RT vs LG. Due to alcohol consumption and declining interest in the 3rd string players' sloppy play, I didn't even realize that he had moved until mid 4th quarter.

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Christensen doesn't concern me since his snaps came at 2 different positions. Quite the contrary, it tells me that the coaches have plans for him sooner rather than later. I wish I knew the breakdown between his snap count at RT vs LG. Due to alcohol consumption and declining interest in the 3rd string players' sloppy play, I didn't even realize that he had moved until mid 4th quarter.

Yeah, didn't intend to insinuate that I was concerned about Christensen's snap count. I see it as encouraging if anything.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1