• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Controversy

CPsinceDay1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Zod please ban this troll  its past time

I haven't said anything that someone else hasn't said about PJ...

I answer a question in my thread, once again there's a button to ignore....

I haven't derailed any other threads, if the topic is darnold I should have a right.

I've been behaving, I even engaged in others topics, create different content, and just like you, am a Carolina Panthers fan.

I have never personally attack another one for their different of opinion, I love to debate, mama said I should've been a lawyer 😂

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I wonder how PJ would've fared on the Jets for those 3 seasons that Darnold had?🤔

I really good QB would have lost in 2020 in NY. 

The 2019 Jets weren't a horrific team in terms of talent around the QB.  It was decent.  Year 2 is generally rough for a young QB.  A year of film to attack you. 

Scott Fitterer recaps recent roster moves, previews rest of preseason (panthers.com)

(2:00)

Scott, what's your satisfaction level  with the backup quarterbacks, are there any veteran guys out there, or is that market been pretty well picked over?

I think, right now,  it's been picked over pretty good, I was excited about PJ when he came in the game, running around, making plays, he created alot of opportunities downfield with his feet, i would like to see more of him finish with the throw, but he's really an exciting young guy, to watch, and i like that style of play, reminds me a lil bit of Russel, some of the guys that can create own their own with their feet.....

Are you more comfortable with PJ after seening him play?

Yeah, that's accurate, once i saw him in a game situation, stepping up making plays, seening things downfield, keeping his eyes downfield,  huh, that was GOOD..that was good...you know sometimes he has a tough time in the pocket seening over the middle, but his ability to slide and move to make a play, yeah i like that 

-Fitterer 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I know I only said it because of the comparisons I made to Darnold and you came back with so Darnold is the next Brees. 

Gotcha, didn't know what you were referencing.  

I have no expectation that PJ will ascend like Kurt did...

...but again, was just answering the question.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I really good QB would have lost in 2020 in NY. 

The 2019 Jets weren't a horrific team in terms of talent around the QB.  It was decent.  Year 2 is generally rough for a young QB.  A year of film to attack you. 

Fair enough but I was wondering how PJ would fare.

Let's put PJ on the 2019 Jets...Will he have similar results?  Better?  Worse?

I think he might have a worse go at it, imo.

26 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Fair enough but I was wondering how PJ would fare.

Let's put PJ on the 2019 Jets...Will he have similar results?  Better?  Worse?

I think he might have a worse go at it, imo.

Probably about the same amount give or take.  It’s not like Sam was a Cam Newton type carrying that team.  They had decent talent on the 2019 team.  Just like the Panther team that skunked the Lions with PJ.   So wins would happen.    

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Arena League...

...same thing.  

even if we expand the list to include arena, which is not what PJ played in, but we’ll assume they are relatively equal, it’s still all of one player. saying PJ was great in the XFL carries as much weight as saying all 6th round draft picks will be as good as Brady.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Probably about the same amount give or take.  It’s not like Sam was a Cam Newton type carrying that team.  They had decent talent on the 2019 team.  Just like the Panther team that skunked the Lions with PJ.   So wins would happen.    

Comical how CP likes your post because you praised his Golden Boy.  lol

• Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

even if we expand the list to include arena, which is not what PJ played in, but we’ll assume they are relatively equal, it’s still all of one player. saying PJ was great in the XFL carries as much weight as saying all 6th round draft picks will be as good as Brady.

A question was asked...

...and answered.