• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Controversy

CPsinceDay1

19 minutes ago, Zod said:

TO sum things up, there is no QB controversy. The Panthers hope Sam can be a legit starting QB. The Panthers hope PJ can be a legit backup. 

You are God 🙏 on this forum so don't strike me lord...but

disagreement, typically when prolonged, public, and heated.
"the announcement ended a protracted controversy
There's still some who disagree Sam is a legit 1QB and some who disagree PJ is a backup QB...so technically there's still a QB controversy just not in the same context as many would believe....
Just my thoughts....

13 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

even if we expand the list to include arena, which is not what PJ played in, but we’ll assume they are relatively equal, it’s still all of one player. saying PJ was great in the XFL carries as much weight as saying all 6th round draft picks will be as good as Brady.

They played in soccer stadiums. 

32 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

You are God 🙏 on this forum so don't strike me lord...but

disagreement, typically when prolonged, public, and heated.
"the announcement ended a protracted controversy
There's still some who disagree Sam is a legit 1QB and some who disagree PJ is a backup QB...so technically there's still a QB controversy just not in the same context as many would believe....
Just my thoughts....

A couple of numbnuts repeatedly blathering stupid bullsh-t doesn't equal "prolonged, public and heated disagreement".

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm not sold on Darnold being the answer but I am sold on the guy who went 32/56 for 368 yards 1 TD and 5 INTs last season NOT being the answer. PJ threw an INT on damn near 10% of his pass attempts. That's wild. That's nearly double the INT rate of any other QB with 50+ attempts last year.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sold on Darnold being the answer but I am sold on the guy who went 32/56 for 368 yards 1 TD and 5 INTs last season NOT being the answer. PJ threw an INT on damn near 10% of his pass attempts. That's wild. That's nearly double the INT rate of any other QB with 50+ attempts last year.

I'd have no issue trading for a guy like Jacob Eason but I doubt the Colts would accept what we'd be willing to offer, and I doubt we'd be willing to offer what the Colts would accept.

• Pie 1

I think PJs stats are deceptive and he could still be a good backup IF he can learn to protect the ball a bit better.  I like his energy and willingness to push the ball down the field... It was a stark contrast to Teddy.

Not sold on Darnold as long term solution at QB1, but I'm hopeful. He has the physical tools.  Only question if he has it between his ears to play smart.

No qb controversy in Carolina anyway. Just a couple of Huddle threads.  When there's real controversy... It's much worse hahaah.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'd have no issue trading for a guy like Jacob Eason but I doubt the Colts would accept what we'd be willing to offer, and I doubt we'd be willing to offer what the Colts would accept.

If we had kept Teddy I really wanted us to push for a guy like Eason, Minshew, etc. somebody low cost on a rookie deal with potential. But teams typically don’t move cheap assets.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A couple of numbnuts repeatedly blathering stupid bullsh-t doesn't equal "prolonged, public and heated disagreement".

We're sitting at 12pages, and look you still engaged in using foul language just to get a point across, which was once again wrong, like so many other things you try to stay on the fence about...

Cause you were so right about PJ

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you can get over Darnold's past ..get over PJ's

Just now, Varking said:

If we had kept Teddy I really wanted us to push for a guy like Eason, Minshew, etc. somebody low cost on a rookie deal with potential. But teams typically don’t move cheap assets.

What makes Minshew at least something of a possibility is that Urban Meyer doesn't really have any connection to him.

The Colts drafted both of their backups though, so yeah...not likely to part with them easily.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer would disagree with you on that, oh he already has....